WWW.TOTALCMD.NET is out (new site about Total Commander)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Ergo wrote:My site caused high server load :( and hoster temporaly suspended it. Now it is OK again. Plan to rewrite site engine to make static pages instead of dynamic.
after I upload My new package I did not find it in Totalcmd.net Home page :evil: :twisted: :(
what is going on? :?
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

Main page is not dynamic any more. It will be updated at intervals.
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Site update

Post by *Alextp »

Ergo wrote:Main page is not dynamic any more. It will be updated at intervals.
Ok, I updated my plugin (TC PlugMan): at Wincmd.ru it's updated already,
but at TotalCmd.net it is not...
Are intervals on 2 sites different?
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

2alextp
Ok, I updated my plugin (TC PlugMan): at Wincmd.ru it's updated already,
but at TotalCmd.net it is not...
Are intervals on 2 sites different?
Not yet put totalcmd.net update on CRON :) Launching it manually yet :)
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »

Ergo wrote:2alextp
Not yet put totalcmd.net update on CRON :)
And also one bugreport: received email (about user comments on site) has bad Url in it.

(But, thanks for site)
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

I have some questions/remarks about http://www.totalcmd.net/
  1. Totalcmd.net still brings the news that Total Commander 7.01 is released. Why hasn't it been updated?
  2. A Virus Total report about TCAMPER 1.0b lists 4 virus scanners to find something. Is it reliable?
  3. The description of Camp 1.4 says "Very simple clipboard maneger + fast winamp use". Does this program have anything to do with winamp? Or is this just a bad translation? Can somebody who speaks Russian please check this?
    Also virus scanners also report something about camp.exe and campcfg.exe of Camp 1.4.
    A Virus Total report about camp.exe lists 4 virus scanners to find something.
    A Virus Total report about campcfg.exe lists 1 virus scanners to find something.
    Is it a false positive or is there really something fishy here?
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

I will update main page about Total Commander 7.50

As to viruses - all big antiviral packages (Symantec, Kaspersky, DrWeb, McAfee) and almost all others reported no viruses.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Ergo wrote:I will update main page about Total Commander 7.50
Thanks!
Ergo wrote:As to viruses - all big antiviral packages (Symantec, Kaspersky, DrWeb, McAfee) and almost all others reported no viruses.
Yes, I now think they are probably false positives. I overreacted a bit because I recently came across several malware programs.

I still have one question. Does Camp 1.4 have a feauture for fast winamp use, or is this just a bad translation from Russian?
flm404

Post by *flm404 »

white wrote: I still have one question. Does Camp 1.4 have a feauture for fast winamp use, or is this just a bad translation from Russian?
According to screenshot and "what's new" it has. You can also translate original russian discription from http://wincmd.ru/plugring/Camp.html with google translate...
SFMBE (Sorry for my bad english)
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

flm404 wrote: According to screenshot and "what's new" it has. You can also translate original russian discription from http://wincmd.ru/plugring/Camp.html with google translate...
Whoops. I never scrolled beyond the Google ads. I thought I was at the bottom. :oops:

Thanks for the help :lol:
bigtimefan

Post by *bigtimefan »

[face=arial]
Ergo wrote:I will update main page about Total Commander 7.50
Apparently, you won't. Three months later and it still lists 7.01 as the current version.

For what it's worth, InstallExplorer 0.9.2 was announced weeks ago but the download still links to 0.9.1. [/face]
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

bigtimefan wrote:For what it's worth, InstallExplorer 0.9.2 was announced weeks ago but the download still links to 0.9.1.
Seems that it's plugin author's mistake (he uploaded old release with new name). He should update plugin. Administration doesn't update plugins.
chrizoo

Post by *chrizoo »

@Ergo:
Many thanks for this wonderful web page.

My question is: Why did you disable the comment function. This was incredibly helpful because it allowed for direct interaction with the plugin authors and so they could receive feedback about bugs and feature suggestions. Not every plugin author goes to ghisler.ch forum to open a discussion thread, but every author had access to the comments on totalcmd.net

This is really sad and counterproductive and I don't see any good reason for doing so (I didn't even see spam in those comments either!).
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Some time ago Ergo gave me full access to the wincmd.ru/totalcmd.net site. Sorry for not updating it along with the Russian version of the site (I just forgot that English version existed too :oops: ), I now updated the information.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Flint wrote:Some time ago Ergo gave me full access to the wincmd.ru/totalcmd.net site. Sorry for not updating it along with the Russian version of the site (I just forgot that English version existed too :oops: ), I now updated the information.
Better late than never. Thanks.