Total Updater 0.8.6.9 - Total Commander & plugin updater

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

I seen your link & also downloaded the file, but I just can't seem to find these new lines... tried it with 3 different browsers, clearing the cache & also with a dl manager.

TotalUpdater0_7b2Danish.zip - TotalUpdater.lng: 162 lines (MD5: f3704564f8dc32277985d8bb8b11a0e3)
TotalUpdater.zip (ENG) - TotalUpdater.lng: 167 lines

(both compared without the top comments & without counting the empty lines on the bottom of the files)

Dunno what could be the problem... :?
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Dunno what could be the problem
The problem is me :oops: - I gave te wrong link - it is http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/TotalUpdater0_7b2aDanish.zip - with an "a" after "7b2". Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have now corrected the link in my previous post too.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Ah its okay, no problem - thanks for the fix, latest Danish lng is now embedded into Beta 3. Going to be released in the next few hours, with numerous fixes.

Edit: I just received a Russian translation, so the upcoming version will include it too. =)
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Updater v0.7 Beta 3

The new version comes with internal support for Czech, Danish, German and Russian languages & it contains tons of important bugfixes and improvements.
Update is strongly recommended!
(read the changelog for more info...)

:arrow: Download | 10-02-2013 | MD5 (exe): 7430d13eaf5feae87e3027bb872424c6

Changelog:

* New: Czech language support (thanks to jvh)
* New: Danish language support (thanks to petermad)
* New: German language support (thanks to Gerby)
* New: Russian language support (thanks to Dmitriy Vasilyev)
* New: Added "Translator" field on the About tab
* Change: minor improvements of the online version detection algorithm
* Change: added missing language strings for the file selection dialog
* Change: remove unnecessary characters from the found local version (using intelligent detection function)
* Change: ini file's [Language] CurrentLng is no longer case-sensitive (dan, deu, hun is acceptable as well)
* Change: scroll down to the bottom of Exception list when switching to UserDB tab (when theres no selection)
* Change: msgbox when clicking on "Cancel" on the "Download file(s)..." form asking the user for confirmation
* Change: modify "OK" button state to enabled after the user has aborted dowloading
* Change: added 22 new items to the Internal Plugin Database
* Fixed: from now on the RedirectSection variables containing envvars are automatically expanded
* Fixed: handle cases of RedirectSection vars with a single filename (without path)
* Fixed: ini configuration value "DownloadDir" envvars (if exists) are expanded too
* Fixed: excluding directories (given in the Exception list) is now properly implemented
* Fixed: the Infobox shows incorrect extension type in case of uppercase file extension
* Fixed: faulty functioning of "Load the list of plugins from a manually given file" option
* Fixed: multi-monitor issue (application shows in the center of two / more monitors)
* Fixed: improved abortion of download in case more files are in the list
* Fixed: some minor language-related bug (improperly loaded strings)
[/face]

Note: If you find any bugs, please try to run Total Updater directly from TC, so this way the software can surely get the most important parameters (path to inifile, path of exefile, etc).
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

The updater tries to use d:\downloads which is no valid drive.
There is no way to configure the correct download dir to be used ?
[Edit]
Found it, one can edit the ini file manualy.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@Horst.Epp: Or just hit "Cancel" in the Download dialog, then you can freely edit the path above, and then by pressing OK the given path will be used next time.

I'll try to find a more universal way to detect the user's download directory on first run, and use %TEMP% if nothing is available / writable at all (I know there should also be an entry on the Configuration tab like "Download path:", I just need to find some space for it).
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Bluestar wrote:@Horst.Epp: Or just hit "Cancel" in the Download dialog, then you can freely edit the path above, and then by pressing OK the given path will be used next time.

I'll try to find a more universal way to detect the user's download directory on first run, and use %TEMP% if nothing is available / writable at all (I know there should also be an entry on the Configuration tab like "Download path:", I just need to find some space for it).
I tried it that way but the OK button was grayed out in this case.
ts-soft

Post by *ts-soft »

Thanks for the update and for the german translation.
I have some problems with my plugins, see here:
Image: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3086026/10-02-2013%2020-59-13.png
and sorry for my bad english.

Greetings - Thomas
Gerby

Post by *Gerby »

Bluestar,

An updated German language file (2013-02-10) should be in your mail box.

I've found a wrong translation of the NrOfCheckedItems string due to the ambiguity of "checked". Now it should be ok.

Thanks for the Translator entry on the About tab. However, the displayed language code should read the target language, shouldn't it? (Now displaying ENG.)

Greetings
Gerby
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar

Redirection still doesn't work if I only use filename without path in wincmd.ini. Since TC's help file does NOT mention that you should have to use full path to the redirected file, I don't think you can expect the user to do so.

I thougt the language files were embedded in TotalUpdater.exe (actually I can see the strings in there) - but I does not show up in Danish here - only if TotalUpdater.lng is present - and then it says ENG in the about dialog as Gerby also mentions.

EDIT: After MANUALLY editing the TotalUpdater.ini setting [Language]CurrentLng=DAN it works without the prescense of TotalUpdater.lng. May I suggest a language selection box in the configuration dialog.
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@petermad: They are embedded into the exe, as you say - though currently theres no language selector yet, so the user have to modify "TotalUpdater.ini" manually (if the language file in the exe was not present at the first start of the utility yet - in case yes, it is automatically detected & set), e.g. the following should work for you:

[Language]
CurrentLng=DAN

(in case the user close TU & delete its ini file, then restarts the utility, it should automatically set the correct language according to the current Windows locale settings)

@Gerby: Thank you, I got your email with the corrected file. The problem you & petermad are talking about only exists in the special case when there is a "TotalUpdater.lng" file in TU directory's folder - in case it is renamed to e.g. "TotalUpdater.lng.bak", the language will be loaded according to what has been set in the utility's ini file (CSY / DAN / DEU / ENG / HUN / RUS). Presence of ".lng" means the utility will be forced to load it, instead of the one set in the ini (and embedded in the exe file).
Gerby wrote:However, the displayed language code should read the target language, shouldn't it? (Now displaying ENG.)
Thanks, I just noticed it too, will be fixed in the next version.
petermad wrote:May I suggest a language selection box in the configuration dialog.
It is on my list of plans, but for these initial public versions I thought its better to first address the bigger issues.

Btw redirection without path should absolutely work - I deeply tested it, and currently I'm using this line in my "wincmd.ini":

Path #01: c:\Users\Bluestar\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER\wincmd.ini

[PackerPlugins]
RedirectSection=redir_packers.ini

Path #02: c:\Users\Bluestar\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER\redir_packers.ini

Content of "redir_packers.ini":

Code: Select all

[PackerPlugins]
rsz=21,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wwcx\TotalRSZ\TotalRSZ.wcx
iso=192,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\ISO\iso.wcx
nrg=192,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\ISO\iso.wcx
img=192,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\ISO\iso.wcx
mdf=192,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\ISO\iso.wcx
torrent=452,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\wcx\btdir.wcx
lzx=128,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\lzx\Unlzx.wcx
psarc=197,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\psarc\psarc.wcx
lnk=256,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\CopyLinkTarget\CopyLinkTarget.wcx
zar=21,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\Totalzar\Totalzar.wcx
gaup=223,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\GAUP_PRO\gaup_pro.wcx
deb=4,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wlx\deb\deb.wcx
cab=23,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\CabWCX\CabWCX.wcx
7z=735,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\Total7zip\Total7zip.wcx
ini=271,%COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins\wcx\iniPacker\iniPacker.wcx
jz=241,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\JustZip\JustZip.wcx
ltar=213,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\ltar\ltar.wcx
lzopack=241,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\LZOPACK\lzopacktc.wcx
mht=415,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\MhtUnPack\MhtUnPack.wcx
mhtml=415,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\MhtUnPack\MhtUnPack.wcx
msg=415,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\MhtUnPack\MhtUnPack.wcx
b64=415,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\MhtUnPack\MhtUnPack.wcx
stream=463,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wdx\streams\streams.wdx
CopyTree=277,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\CopyTree\CopyTree.wcx
bz2=251,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\wcx_bz2\bzip2dll.wcx
icl=15,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\ICLRead\ICLRead.wcx
icl32=15,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\ICLRead\ICLRead.wcx
hrp=213,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\plugins\inHrust.wcx
xbox=193,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\XBoxISO\XBoxISO.wcx
msi=68,C:\totalcmd\plugins\wcx\InstallExplorer\InstExpl.wcx
Result: screenshot

May I ask what is the exact line you use for RedirectSection at the moment?
Last edited by Bluestar on 2013-02-10, 23:55 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@ts-soft: Actually I can't do much about this :( - in the mentioned cases (e.g. InstallExplorer) the developer just forgot to update the version info inside the file, though they updated the version number online...

On the other hand, since "FileVersion" field can't contain letters, only numbers are allowed, in case of "7zip" the embedded version info is "0.7.6.5", while the online version is the same with an extra "a" sign in the end. Product Version could have been set to "0.7.6.5a", but it is left untouched - thats why the utility marks this as updatable.

About plugin "Z": I checked, and the totalcmd.net link redirects to http://www.unusualworks.com/zplugin/zplugin.zip, which is a blank page - the reason the downloaded file is corrupt is as simple.

For cases like "7zip" or "InstallExplorer" I plan to introduce a feature like "Check marked as latest" (dunno what would be the best expression for it, ideas?) - so this way the utility would save that the local version is in fact the same as the online one, and wouldn't show them as an update, until a real new version comes out. This function will be introduced later, it is a must-have for the software.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Btw redirection without path should absolutely work - I deeply tested it, and currently I'm using this line in my "wincmd.ini":

Path #01: c:\Users\Bluestar\AppData\Roaming\GHISLER\wincmd.ini

[PackerPlugins]
RedirectSection=redir_packers.ini
Well it doesn't work here. All four categories of plugins are redirected to the same plugins.ini file which is placed in TC's program directory along with wincmd.ini.

Code: Select all

[PackerPlugins]
RedirectSection=plugins.ini

[FileSystemPlugins]

[ListerPlugins]

[ContentPlugins]
I might add that I have UseIniInProgramDir=7 in my wincmd.ini and I have NO Ghisler information in Windows' Registry.

It works if I use full path or I use %COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins.ini or %COMMANDER_INI%\..\plugins.ini

The option "Load the list of plugins from a manually given file:" also works now if I point to my redirected plugins.ini file
License #524 (1994)
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@petermad:
Ah I just got enlightened, "UseIniInProgramDir" explains it all.

Currently the app basically uses the "official" method to get the path of the wincmd.ini, TOTALCMD.exe etc (wiki), however somehow I just missed the implementation of the step 3) which can be seen at the "Finding the TC main config file" section (it says optionally we should check for the "UseIniInProgramDir" key, and load the ini file from TC's folder in case it exists).

This key is going to be supported in the next version - thanks for helping me find out the reason of this issue.
Tichij

Post by *Tichij »

Bluestar wrote: * Fixed: ini configuration value "DownloadDir" envvars (if exists) are expanded too
This is cool, thanks, but... :-)
Why You replace this "envvars" in ini configuration file to fixed values?..
Now, I must part of this, manually replace back to %COMMANDER_PATH%... because I use portable Total Commander and paths (drive letter) may be various on different PC :-)

Thanks (again) for the tool and sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by Tichij on 2013-02-11, 18:40 UTC, edited 1 time in total.