ExeFormat versions get confusing

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

ExeFormat versions get confusing

Post by *tbeu »

0.6a: original C++ code, 32-bit only
0.6b: added 64-bit and Unicode support
0.6c: added 64-bit support
iana

Post by *iana »

ExeFormat_64 0.6c is from a new author, different compiler, a few bugfixes, a few x64 fixes:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/exeformat_64.html
Version 0.6c:
[+] Added 64-bit version
[-] Fixed bug with detecting some architectures
[-] Fixed bug with not finding Signs.txt in some cases
[-] Fixed 64-bit fields cut off to 32 bits
[-] Some minor fixes

Version 0.6b (internal update not published by author):
[-] Fixed DllMain

Version 0.6a:
[*] Latest public version of the original plugin
The original 0.6a has no x64, and ExeFormat_64 0.6b wasn't released to the public (on totalcmd.net), but I'd recommend updating the signs.txt file with the one from PEViewer http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/peviewer.html as it is newer and has more PE strings

ps. @tbeu as you seamed to have compiled the 64bit port 0.6b didn't you see any difference between 0.6a(b) and the 64_0.6c?
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Sure, I compared plugin sources of 0.6b and 0.6c and there are plenty of differences. Actually plugin source is now forked which I do not like that much. Let us hope they will be merged again.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

tbeu
Sorry, when I needed 64-bit ExeFormat and decided to rebuild it from original author's sources (0.6a) I didn't know you had already done this. :( I set the version to 0.6c, because there was already 0.6b with minor fixes from the original author — though it was not published on totalcmd.net, but I wished to avoid possible confusion.

Only after I published my version I checked the Ghisler's homepage and found your variant there, not only with x64, but also with Unicode, signs.txt caching and other changes. When I have time, I plan to combine our two variants together to put all fixes and improvements into a single version (unfortunately, at the moment I'm very busy with translating the new TC into Russian).
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

No problem. I would appreciate if both variants get merged one day again.

This was the thread from last year you missed: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=35498
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Flint wrote:When I have time, I plan to combine our two variants together to put all fixes and improvements into a single version (unfortunately, at the moment I'm very busy with translating the new TC into Russian).
Did you find some time meanwhile?
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

tbeu
Not yet, sorry… I've been having quite a tight schedule.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Flint wrote:Not yet, sorry… I've been having quite a tight schedule.
Six months later ... forgotten about it or still busy?
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

tbeu
Definitely not forgotten, it's one of my highest priority tasks, but I had not have enough free time for ExeFormat yet. :(

kotlomoy

Re: ExeFormat versions get confusing

Post by *kotlomoy »

Is it me or ExeFormat.wdx does not work on Windows 10? Sorry for necroposting
#213083 Single user license
BranchViewExtended