Plugin - Git Commander - Git and total commander!

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Khaj

Plugin - Git Commander - Git and total commander!

Post by *Khaj »

NEW successor:
tbeu wrote: 2021-01-30, 20:56 UTC Version 2.0.0 with 64-bit support finally is available from totalcmd.net.

Original post by *Khaj » Wed Apr 15, 2015 0:08

Dear guys! This project is aimed to give some information from GIT repostiory to total commander.

To use the plugin - download gitcmp.zip
from
https://github.com/Darthholi/WDX_GitCommander/releases/latest
and set it up in total commander.

The easiest way to use is to create your own columns, I suggest just replacing the original SIZE solumn with the column "SizeAndBranch".
Because that will show the branch instead of <DIR> for directories.

For like-github functionality in total commander, there is the possibility to create plugin defined hints in total commander.
Just go to Configuration->Display and down there on the setting page tick some boxes with "hint texts" to make visible the small button with "+".
Then it just remains to add a rule for all files "*" with this suggested formatting:

Option a) last commit info:

Code: Select all

[=gitcmd.Branch]([=gitcmd.CommitAge]) [=gitcmd.FirstRemoteUrl]\n[=gitcmd.CommitMessage]\n[=gitcmd.CommitAuthor] [=gitcmd.CommitMail] [=gitcmd.CommitDate.D.M.Y h:m:s]
Option b) Last commit affecting given file (or last commit info for folders)

[=gitcmd.Branch] [=gitcmd.FirstRemoteUrl]\n[=gitcmd.FallIsLast] [=gitcmd.FallAge]\n[=gitcmd.FallMessage]\n[=gitcmd.FallAuthor] [=gitcmd.FallMail] [=gitcmd.FallDate.D.M.Y h:m:s]\n[=gitcmd.GeneralStatus]

Oh yea it is 32bit and I would love to make it 64bit also but for thet I need to know how to use other compilers (with libgit2 and so ... ehmehmehm...).

EDIT:
Thanks for help with the installation (to the first guys to comment this thread), I had a typo there, but now everything is fine.

Now the only not working thing is passthrough for dir size...
Last edited by Khaj on 2015-04-23, 16:08 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
iana

Post by *iana »

First - please do test the plugin if you love TC and GIT and tell me how to make it ""registered"(?) to stop the message (unofficial plugin something) popping up with installation.
First thing's first tanks for a new plugin, good job. next the complaints :P

Tried to install it but got a missing dll error, opening the wdx with fileinfo shows no missing dll's.
Does this wdx need something extra to be installed like a git backend?
it might be a silly question but I don't use git.

I really don't think including alex's plugin manager is a fix for missing dll's.
iana

Post by *iana »

I thought it was a wfx plugin, similar to the old cvs plugin, any chances you could make a wfx for a simple way to get files from a git repo?
tanks
iana

Post by *iana »

does this plugin possibly need the command line git tools in the path?
if so could you make the path to git.exe configurable via an ini file?
Khaj

Post by *Khaj »

Wow guys, that was fast :)

First
It should work without git backend and without the git tools in the path (thats why i compiled libgit anyway).
WFX plugin might come later of course :)

Now the installation:
Iam so surprised about total commander telling me about the missing dll! A minute ago it was telling me about not being authorized (as I wrote in first post) and now iam getting the same error as you.
But since it works totally fine for me (and one other testing PC) and it should not need any other dll, something rotten is in Denmark.

So, please, can I ask you to unpack the zip normally (not clicking install) to some temporary folder, running plugin manager and clicking install from the plugin manager (selecting the wdx file)?

Then the desired outcome is to see gitcmd as availible plugin with availible columns (and mouseover a git repository to see information after you configure TC for it).

If it works for you, I will wait for some guru to tell me how to make the installation less pain and what does the missing dll mean. (Hey it would help to tell which dll it is missing but TC is not saying anything!)

Thanks!
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Khaj,
Why did you place TC Plugins Manager into plugin package? AFAIK it is a completely separate tool that doesn't required for any plugin.
Khaj

Post by *Khaj »

Because I was confused about the installation errors - the plugin could be installed only by the plugin manager.

Anyway thanks for your comment, I now have put it away from the Release.zip (Because that seems to be no longer true ...?)

Are you able to install it now? :)

>>>>

Ok even after putting away the manager it still gives the nonsense dll error!
Help me please :)
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

There's a typo in your pluginst.inf:

file=gitsmd.wdx
It should read gitcmd.wdx. The plugin itself loads fine when installed manually, and the fields are available in custom columns.

Regards
Dalai
Last edited by Dalai on 2015-04-15, 21:31 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Khaj

Post by *Khaj »

Wau works like charm. (->updated on GIThub...)

Thanks again!
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

BTW any plugin may be installed manually just from TC configuration dialog: Configuration - Plugins - Content plugins (in this case), Configure, Add.
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *hi5 »

Nice idea for a plugin - for future releases you might wish to make use of the Actual releases feature of Github - you can simply drag & drop your locally created zip file while preparing the release (step 8 here)
https://help.github.com/articles/creating-releases/
F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
Source at GitHub (AutoHotkey). TCSyncComments (copy file comments)
ashimgiyanani

Git commander

Post by *ashimgiyanani »

Any update on the 64-bit version. I would love to use the 64-bit version. It shouldn't be too tough for you guys, programming day in day out or?
Khaj

Post by *Khaj »

You are right, but the problem is that there is like 60 small things and growing, that I need to do :D
ashimgiyanani

Post by *ashimgiyanani »

Khaj wrote:You are right, but the problem is that there is like 60 small things and growing, that I need to do :D
I can understand, I will wait for your hobby holiday then :)
Khaj

Post by *Khaj »

Thanks! But anyway actually you could just, you know, try to request this feature from, for example, the tortoisegit people .. maybe they will adopt the code or do anything faster than me :)