DirSizeCalc Charts 1.10 (Lister plugin)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

I vote for files groups.

It would be nice to see graphs/charts with information about how many file types I have (i.e. images, videos, documents).

Maybe ShellDetails could be used for it?
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I vote for files groups.

It would be nice to see graphs/charts with information about how many file types I have (i.e. images, videos, documents).

That's indead an interesting idea. But how could ShellDetails help here? I think reusing existing group definitions in TC would be the best solution.
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

Lefteous wrote:
I vote for files groups.

That's indeed an interesting idea. But how could ShellDetails help here? I think reusing existing group definitions in TC would be the best solution.
ShellDetails has a code to get a lot of info from Explorer that could be used for grouping, i.e.
many archives have WinRAR archive shown in Type column no matter the extension, so there is one group already.
Groups based on specific values of ShellDetails fields could work pretty well.

Although it may be a lot easier to just set up groups and assign their extensions in plugin settings.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

When put the cursor on an item, another items are highlighted too, see this screen shoot
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ts4242
When put the cursor on an item, another items are highlighted too, see this screen shoot
Thanks for your report and the video. I couldn't reproduce it so far. So what do I have to do exactly in order to reproduce the problem?
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ghisler(Author)
Users have reported that my plugin doesn't close when pressing ESC when the focus is set to the listbox. I have found a way to solve the problem: I'm catching ESC on WM_CHAR in the listbox event handler and kindly destroy the Lister window from my plugin. I'm not really happy about the solution. What is the standard solution to this problem?
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Lefteous wrote:So what do I have to do exactly in order to reproduce the problem?
I found that, it is occur when start from buttonbar button with cm_List but not when press <F3>, also it is always occur when it is in Quick View Panel.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2Lefteous
You should use forward the ESC keydown/keyup to the Lister window. Lister subclasses the plugin to catch certain hotkeys, and just uses PostMessage(GetParent(hwnd),uMsg,wParam,lParam); to notify the plugin window.

Here are the forwarded key presses:

Code: Select all

WM_KEYDOWN,WM_KEYUP:case wParam of
      VK_ESCAPE,ord('N'),ord('P'),ord('W'),ord('C'),ord('F'),ord('L'),
      vk_f2,vk_f3,vk_f5,vk_f7,
      ord('0')..ord('9'):begin
          PostMessage(GetParent(hwnd),uMsg,wParam,lParam);
          result:=0;
          exit
        end;
      ord('A'):if getkeystate(vk_control)<0 then begin
        PostMessage(GetParent(hwnd),uMsg,wParam,lParam);
        result:=0;
        exit
      end;
    end;
Btw, why not just bundle the content plugin as a dll under a different name with the lister plugin, e.g. ShellDetailsApi.dll? This way the two will not depend on each other.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ghisler(Author)
You should use forward the ESC keydown/keyup to the Lister window. Lister subclasses the plugin to catch certain hotkeys, and just uses PostMessage(GetParent(hwnd),uMsg,wParam,lParam); to notify the plugin window.
Here are the forwarded key presses:
Thanks a lot - so I was already on the right way. :-)
why not just bundle the content plugin as a dll under a different name with the lister plugin, e.g. ShellDetailsApi.dll? This way the two will not depend on each other.
Yes I could do that. It would probably avoid some probems. On the other hand it's just redundancy. I will probably provide different bundles which include or not include the content plugin.
Renaming would not be a good idea as some things in DirSizeCalc depend on the plugin name. As I want to reuse some DirSizeCalc settings in a later plugin version (stored in DirSizeCalc.ini). This would no longer work.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ts4242
I found that, it is occur when start from buttonbar button with cm_List but not when press <F3>, also it is always occur when it is in Quick View Panel.
I could reproduce it now - very odd. I can reproduce it only when it's invoked using a button bar button or menu item though. Again very odd.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Lefteous wrote:I could reproduce it now - very odd. I can reproduce it only when it's invoked using a button bar button or menu item though. Again very odd.
Another similar odd :lol:
wjharing

Post by *wjharing »

Hi, great and thanks a lot for this plug-in!!!

From my point of few, one suggestion to add, please:

When a folder is selected, it will show the calculation/results of the contents of that folder, but when the cursor is at the top, on the .. (previous folder), it would be good to show the calculations of the entire folder you are currently in.

indeed as for improvements, I can only really think of a way to speed it up a bit, but that might be easier said than done.

Thanks again!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2wjharing
Thanks for your suggestion. I have actually excluded the '..' item for now but if it's feasibly I will add it. I'm not really sure what to display in this case. It would be logical to display the parent dir contents and sizes but is this really what most users expect?

Displaying the total amount of file sizes is definitely something worth thinking about.

As mentioned in the announicng post I'm aware of the speed issues but this will definitely take time to improve.
wjharing

Post by *wjharing »

Hi, basically I would like to suggest for the '..' to be processed the same as visualdirsize does it, so calculating the sizes of all the directories underneath '..'

As for speed improvements, would the Apple-way be a suggestion, i.e. start with the eye-candy while the results are not there yet. So e.g start drawing the bars live, as the data is being calculated? That way you already see activity.

Thanks again!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

A new version is ready for download. 1.01 is a classic bugfix release. Thanks a lot for all the reports. I hope I have fixed them all.

History: http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/docs/dirsizecalccharts/history_charts.txt

Download:
Standalone version
Addon (DirSizeCalc content plugin must already be installed)