ISO 1.7.7 shows the image being empty.

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ahu_Lee

ISO 1.7.7 shows the image being empty.

Post by *Ahu_Lee »

I'm trying this one:
http://totalcmd.net/plugring/iso64.html

Does anyone know what may cause this problem?

Thank you very much!

UPD.

I've just created a new ISO file (about 5 mb) using mkisofs.exe tool and it opens fine. So, the plugin seems to be working.

But still the initial image (which was not made by me but was downloaded from the internet and about 1,6 Gb) although working fine in Daemon Tools is shown as empty in TC using iso.wcx
Last edited by Ahu_Lee on 2016-08-11, 22:07 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
milo1012
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *milo1012 »

Most likely because your ISO image is UDF-only, i.e. it only has an UDF file system and not an additional ISO 9660 / Joilet overlay.
Because the plugin can't read UDF at all, it will show the image as being empty.

To prevent this:
Use Total7zip and register it for the iso file extension in TC's wcx plugin config, and you can open UDF image files w/o any problems.

If this doesn't help then it might be some non-standard image file, see e.g answered here.
TC plugins: PCREsearch and RegXtract
Ahu_Lee

Post by *Ahu_Lee »

milo1012 wrote:Most likely because your ISO image is UDF-only, i.e. it only has an UDF file system and not an additional ISO 9660 / Joilet overlay.
Because the plugin can't read UDF at all, it will show the image as being empty.

To prevent this:
Use Total7zip and register it for the iso file extension in TC's wcx plugin config, and you can open UDF image files w/o any problems.
Thank you, milo1012! I'll go and try it now.
Ahu_Lee

Post by *Ahu_Lee »

Total7zip did the job!

So, that means I don't need that iso.wcx plugin. Well. Okay then (c).

Thanks again, milo1012!