Support links (lnk) to file system plugins

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Nux

Support links (lnk) to file system plugins

Post by *Nux »

Hi.

It would be extremely usefull if TC would support links (lnk files) to plugins.

Specifcally:
1. When in a plugin dir like `\\\Secure FTP\example.com\var\www\` `CTRL+SHIFT+F5` should create lnk -> `C:\TotalCmd\TOTALCMD64.EXE /O /S /L="\\\Secure FTP\example.com\var\www\"`.
2. When using `CTRL + Right arrow` on such lnk file detect plugin link and open `\\\Secure FTP\example.com\var\www\` in the right pane. `CTRL + Left arrow` whould work the same.

Would be very greatfull for this. If for some reason this cannot be done with `CTRL + Arrow` then please add a different shortcut/command to open lnk in the other pane.

Note that links as above currently work but you have to create them manually and cannot open them in another pane.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

LNK files are an Explorer thing, they will certainly cause troubles when adding TC-internal paths.

You can link to plugins in the button bar, start menu, or Ctrl+D directory hotlist.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

I'm not sure what you want to achieve by doing such a thing. There are several ways to open a specific file-system plugin's directory in TC: directory hotlist (Ctrl+D), button bar, TC's start menu and so on. Currently, I don't see the need for LNK files. BTW: LNKs are a Windows concept, file-system plugins are a TC concept, mixing them would probably create some problems.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Nux

Post by *Nux »

Dalai wrote:I'm not sure what you want to achieve by doing such a thing. There are several ways to open a specific file-system plugin's directory in TC: directory hotlist (Ctrl+D), button bar, TC's start menu and so on.
None of the methods you mention can be used in a context of a folder. I can have 2 `lnk` files in 200 folder for various projects and it will be manageable. Give me 400 positions in a hotlist and it will simply be a mess. Not to mention the button bar.

And obviously buttons cannot be simply copied with the project. I can easily share `lnk` files even between computers (just have to remember to name server connections e.g. by a server name).
ghisler(Author) wrote: LNK files are an Explorer thing, they will certainly cause troubles when adding TC-internal paths.
Ah, but they do work :-)... Almost. The links I mention does work currently... For current pane. When you press enter on the lnk it opens a secure connection in the current pane. Only thing is such lnk cannot be opened in the second pane (it just opens TC executable folder instead).
Last edited by Nux on 2016-10-22, 09:05 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2Nux
Did you try tabs feature in TC? Maybe these can help organizing your projects.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Nux

Post by *Nux »

Tabs kind of help, but you cannot save tabs for later... lnk files are better, but currently both creating lnk to SSH and opening it is not convenient.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Nux,
you cannot save tabs for later
Actually, you can.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Nux

Post by *Nux »

Hacker wrote:Nux,
you cannot save tabs for later
Actually, you can.

Roman
Can you? How? I would need to save and restore when working on another project (set of projects).
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

How? I would need to save and restore when working on another project (set of projects).
Either right click on a folder tab and choose "Save tabs to file" or "Save tabs on both sides to file"

Or use one of these internal commands:
SAVETABS <filename>=-13;Save tabs to .tab file, active side
SAVETABSL <filename>=-14;Save tabs to .tab file, left side
SAVETABSR <filename>=-15;Save tabs to .tab file, right side
SAVETABS2 <filename>=-16;Save tabs to .tab file, both sides (active=first)
SAVETABS2L <filename>=-17;Save tabs to .tab file, both sides (left=first)
SAVETABS2R <filename>=-18;Save tabs to .tab file, both sides (right=first)

Notice these internal commands are only available as from TC9b1

To open the saved tabs again later:

Either right click on a tab and choose "Load tabs from file, keep current" or "Load tabs from file, replace tabs"

Or use one of theese internal commands:
OPENTABS <filename>=-3;Open tabs from saved .tab file
APPENDTABS <filename>=-4;Append tabs to existing tabs

Internal commands can be used with Button bar, Start menu, Keyboard shorcut associations, Command line and Command line Aliases.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

BTW sometimes it may be really nice to have some project-specific BAR file and open it from main bar... Two or three ones may be added to main bar directly but tens...