Ultra TC Editors 6.42 Final

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Check Opera hotkey editor... ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

Was it already discussed? Why there are 6 exe files? Why not just one exe-file with tabbed interface with the ability to swithc between different configuration programs. It also will reduce package size I think.
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2icfu
Check Opera hotkey editor...
I know, but i still in my opinion, it is strange
if Opera Authors belive in this reverse hotkey order is the correct way, why they don't use it in their menus caption or use it in the Opera help file.
if you told to a person who never used computer before press O + Ctrl to open a file i think he will follow this wrong sequence, and this will not be his fault but it is fualt of who told him that

2Ergo
Why there are 6 exe files? Why not just one exe-file with tabbed interface with the ability to swithc between different configuration programs.
if i put all 6 exe in one and run them at once this mean you will wait long until you can use one of them.
if you are going to edit something in Wincmd.ini using "Configuration Editor" why you should wait until Main, Start, Directory menus loaded beside History and Hotkeys too, if i do so you will hate running it.

in other hand you can consider Quick Launch as "tabbed interface" it is very small, run fast and you can put it only in your TC toolbar
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

2ts4242
if i put all 6 exe in one and run them at once this mean you will wait long until you can use one of them.
if you are going to edit something in Wincmd.ini using "Configuration Editor" why you should wait until Main, Start, Directory menus loaded beside History and Hotkeys too, if i do so you will hate running it.
Imagine plugin manager with 4 exe files. One for managing WLX, one for WDX one for WCX one for WFX :)

It is not a reason. I don't like size of this package very much :(
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

@ts4242:
I know, but i still in my opinion, it is strange
if Opera Authors belive in this reverse hotkey order is the correct way, why they don't use it in their menus caption or use it in the Opera help file.
Maybe because the developer creating the hotkey config is a black sheep and the devs writing the help file and creating the menus are white sheep?
Maybe because it's a difference if you learn or modify hotkeys as a whole (studying the hotkey dialog) or if you just learn them by looking at the menus, one hotkey a day only...
if you told to a person who never used computer before press O + Ctrl to open a file i think he will follow this wrong sequence, and this will not be his fault but it is fualt of who told him that
I don't expect anyone who has never used a computer to learn or even change hotkeys in applications so for these people it's always better to keep it the default way to not annoy or confuse them.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I don't expect anyone who has never used a computer to learn or even change hotkeys in applications so for these people it's always better to keep it the default way to not annoy or confuse them.
I think the point was you don't tell someone "press N-Ctrl", but "press Ctrl-N". ;)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I think the point was you don't tell someone "press N-Ctrl", but "press Ctrl-N".
This is obvious because when I tell someone what keys to press I mention the keys in the order how they are pressed, not with the key pressed last first.

I made this proposal not to change the order of keypresses but to make life easier when learning huge amounts of hotkeys. Hotkeys can't be learned efficiently when the unimportant part is learned first, this is all I say.

@ts4242:
Contact me if you want me to create the hky file.

eot

Icfu
This account is for sale
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2Ergo
I don't like size of this package very much
Now i understand the main reason, it is the one make you convert Totalcmd.net pages to static instead of dynamic :wink:
if this is the reason i will give this statistic:

CD-Ripper 1.6.1 Size 902 Downloaded 21596 times
xBaseView 6.01 Size 900KB Downloaded 65016
SynPlus 2.7.1 Size: 860 KB Downloaded: 54863 times
CDDataBase 3.01 Beta Size 720KB Downloaded 18392 times
SGViewer 1.7.6 BETA Size 526 Downloaded 28891 times
Imagine Version 0.9.0.0 beta 9 Size 318KB Downloaded 84938 times

I know my addon is larger than those but it downloaded only 7776 and from week ago it was downloaded only 5800 times in about 6 months
i said that because your request to merge all programs into one is extremely difficult now :(
i tryed to collect all resources and common code into one DLL file but this did not reduce the EXEs files more than 300KB but with many problems :(

2icfu
Hacker explain my intent in clear word
All of us were someday "a person who never used computer before" but bit by bit we not only use hotkeys but also create tools to define them :lol:
EOT
@ts4242:
Contact me if you want me to create the hky file.
This is the easiest part :wink:
anyway in order to not increase the package much more by adding new reverse order hky file i think to reverse it internally
but don't take this as promise that you will find this feature next release :lol:
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

2ts4242
Now i understand the main reason, it is the one make you convert Totalcmd.net pages to static instead of dynamic Wink
if this is the reason i will give this statistic
No. This is not the main reason... However... Could you use rar instead of zip for you package? :) This will save 300Kb on every download of your package :)

The main reason is still size. Because every exe file contains the same libraries? If it was one exe it would be only 500Kb. And will be more intuitive to use. Anyway I don't see reasons why not to make it one utility insead of 6.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Hi All,

Ultra TC Editors 5.01 released Downlaod from My Site or Downlaod from Totalcmd.net

What's New:
=========

Main Menu Editor
------------------
[+] Open Total Commander default Main menu file at startup.
[+] The program remember last sort order and last sorted colmun.

Start and Directory Menu Editor
-------------------------------
[-] Entry refer to file system plugin were appear as broken link (e.g cd \\\UnInstaller)

Hotkeys Editor
----------------
[+] Ability to build hotkey in reverse order (e.g F5 + Ctrl + Shift).
[+] New option for "Reverse order hotkeys" feature.
[+] Add "Num" prefix to "/", "*", "-" or "+" if they exist in the opened file.
[+] The program remember last sort order and last sorted colmun.
[-] Always ask for default hotkeys data file at startup if this file was not found.
[-] In rare case "Subscript out of range" error occurs at startup.
[-] Clipboard was cleared even when the user cansel "Export to Clipboard" dialog box.

Hope you like it.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Still some things in Start and Directory Menu Editor...

- cd \\\SerialPort\0: has a questionmark (its my pda)
- cd ftp://server.de/var/www/html/ needs its own icon :)
- the bahaviour of the editfields is somehow wacked up
the cursor is never set where I click i the field....
(its only in Start and Directory Menu Editor!)
Hoecker sie sind raus!
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2Sir_Silva
cd \\\SerialPort\0: has a questionmark (its my pda)
i have sent a beta version to you Why you didn't tell me before the release?
- the bahaviour of the editfields is somehow wacked up
the cursor is never set where I click i the field....
(its only in Start and Directory Menu Editor!)
I hate this behavior too, but this due to the "ImageCombo" control itself
i tryed a lot to change this annoying behavior but i did not success :(
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

ts4242 wrote:2Sir_Silva
cd \\\SerialPort\0: has a questionmark (its my pda)
i have sent a beta version to you Why you didn't tell me before the release?
I know and Im sorry about it but RL needed my attation (its a story bout a girl...) and therefore I didnt had enough time to see this
*Sorry, Sorry, Sorry,...* But this is nothing that needs to be changed imeadatly....
I hate this behavior too, but this due to the "ImageCombo" control itself
i tryed a lot to change this annoying behavior but i did not success
Sorry but I'm to dumb to get this :( - what has the ImageCombo to do with this field :?:
Hoecker sie sind raus!
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Sorry but I'm to dumb to get this - what has the ImageCombo to do with this field
the TC internal commands dropdown list is a VB control called "ImageCombo" and the annoying behavoir due to it

the regular dropdown list (without icons- like the one in TC change start menu dialg box) hasn't this behavior but i don't want to replace "ImageCombo" as "ImageCombo" is more clear and pretty too.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Hi All,

Ultra TC Editors 5.02 released Downlaod from My Site or Downlaod from Totalcmd.net

What's New
============

Main Menu Editor
------------------
[+] Program settings file "ultra tc editors.ini" path and name can be customized.

Start and Directory Menu Editor
-------------------------------
[-] When "Show File Icon" option is active, all program entries takes icon of the first program entry. (occurs only under localized Windows)
[-] Start menu entries was not exported correctly if it exported without showing "Export to Totalcmd.inc" dialog box.
[-] Minor bugs fixed.

Hotkeys Editor
----------------
[+] Total Commander internal command code column added.
[+] New option "Add Separator" added to Export to Clipboard dialog box.
[+] New option "Command List" added to Export to Clipboard dialog box.
[+] Columns exported to the Clipboard in the same sequence they appear in the program.
[-] The program always terminated at startup if it closed while the command list was sorted by "Current Hotkey".
[-] When open a file, the content of "Current Hotkey" column was appended.
[-] Error in "tc default hotkeys.hky" file,132=Alt + F2 corrected to 231=Alt + F2.

Many thanks for everyone sent a bug report, comment or suggestion.