Ultra TC Editors 6.42 Final

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Avast Antivirus says Win32:Malware-gen, this sucks actua

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Nasenmann wrote:Start Menu Editor.exe
Main Menu Editor.exe

6.21 beta 3

It's going on my nerves.

Edit:

I wanted to send the files to Avast to tell them to exclude, but I need proper information.
I only know that you're named ts4242 I guess that's not enough for Avast devs to accept that you're a trustworthy source.

AH!

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/5a3a4dba7c795b53f9b4551d5ffe7bf730f626d19839ec9b6a92fd16cafb9d41/analysis/1422124336/
Here it says you are Taher Salem.
There is no dependency on the Author for any virus check.
In all programs you upload suspected files and they will check for false positives. If all is fine files with this signature will no longer be detected as virus.
If that doesn't work and you can't setup local exceptions stop using such strange AV program.
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

I guess they only need proof that you're the developer and what kind of code could be the reason for the false positive, the "hack" of start menu or main button bar settings.
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

BTW sometimes these false positives happen when code is UPX compressed.
Today HDs got terabytes and for transmission there are good packers like 7-zip or WinRAR, so just don't use UPX.

Just a hint.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Download Ultra TC Editors 6.21 Beta 4

What's new

All Editors
--------------------
Recompile to remove false positive detection by some Anti-Virus software.

Here is VirusTotal scan result for the new package

Only CMC say it is infected!!! Who uses that CMC?
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

I know, somehow Avast! is dumb in false positives, but the new 6.21 Beta 4 is also recognized as Win32:Malware-gen

... and their to-do-list to add exclusions seems to be very long or there is only one trainee working on this stuff ...

;-)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Hmm, here Avast doesn't complain after installing Ultra TC 6.21 Beta 4

2Nasenmann
Maybe you need to update Your Avast?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Nasenmann

Post by *Nasenmann »

I'm not using the beta, my Avast! version is 2015.10.0.2208
My settings are
medium - code emulation - check for PUP

Edit:

I opened a ticket at support.avast.com yesterday and the newest definition update is clear, so it's done.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Download Ultra TC Editors 6.21 Final

Here is VirusTotal scan result for the new package

Again, only CMC say it is infected!!! Who uses that CMC?
magz

Post by *magz »

This is a nice set of tools that I come back to now and then. I just want to ask about something with the hope of a change: I like that the Toolbar Editor expands linked toolbars from the main bar, but I wish that it would also expand and show toolbars containing linked toolbars within the linked toolbars. A lot of my toolbars are like that (I'm at 53 toolbars atm. and just found out 500 is the maximum nr of icons in a toolbar that TC will display, which is more than enough. Hitting that limit made me want to clean up that bloated toolbar though. ) In the toolbar editor of UltraTC it shows linked toolbars fine, unless the linked toolbars contain only linked toolbars, then it will not expand that one. If a toolbar contains regular buttons as well it will expand, but the buttons linking to toolbars on it will not. Well I wish it would, as TC supports nesting toolbars like that.

Edit1:
I just realized that I asked for a feature the button editor already supports.
The reason it didn't work for me was because I had relative paths in the command field as such: Toolbars\Foobar2000.BAR
when I changed it to %COMMANDER_PATH%\Toolbars\Foobar2000.BAR it works.

Edit2:
But now after fidling some with the button editor I have a bug report:
Whenever I type a " in the command field the Button editor crashes with this error message:
Image: http://picload.org/image/papigwr/ultratcbuttonbareditorerror.png
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

magz wrote:
Edit2:
But now after fidling some with the button editor I have a bug report:
Whenever I type a " in the command field the Button editor crashes with this error message:
Image: http://picload.org/image/papigwr/ultratcbuttonbareditorerror.png
Sorry, I cannot reproduce. There must be something wrong with all these nested toolbars.
magz

Post by *magz »

ts4242 wrote:Sorry, I cannot reproduce. There must be something wrong with all these nested toolbars.
Please ignore my writings on the nested toolbars, as that works the way I like it.

I originally tried on my main PC, which is running Win8.1 and a very bloated Total Commander setup. So to test this properly I have now reproduced the error on my download PC running Vista, my work PC running Win7, and again with my Win8.1, but now with a clean TC installation, a untouched TC installation except for a couple of wincmd.ini settings under [Configuration] section to make it portable:

UseIniInProgramDir=7
InstallDir=%COMMANDER_PATH%
pluginbasedir=%COMMANDER_PATH%\plugins

with the default toolbar that comes with Total Commander with no linked toolbar in it, the button editor crashes giving the same message.

However, I should have been more accurate in my description on how to reproduce the error, as the error only occurs if you insert a " into a blank command field
or if you replace the text in a command field with a "
then instant crash here.
To test further I tried to copy & paste a double quote into a empty command field as such: ""
that went fine.
If I then press backspace, deleting one of the "'s the crash occurs again.

I think there is some form of internal check in your program, checking for if the command path exists while the user types, which fails when it tries to do something like this: If fileexists(""")

It's even possible to reproduce for me with a main toolbar consisting of only one button (just to show that linked toolbars has nothing to do with this):

Code: Select all

[Buttonbar]
Buttoncount=1
button1=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\Ultra_TC_editors\Button Bar Editor.exe
cmd1=""%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\Ultra_TC_editors\Button Bar Editor.exe""
path1=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\Ultra_TC_editors\
iconic1=0
menu1=Button Bar Editor
Edit:
This quote talk makes me think of a feature I'd like.
Because with a ini setup as described above Total Commander will automatically add %COMMANDER_PATH% as the TC path if I drag a executable to the toolbar, which I like, but the path will only be "surrounded" with quotes if there is a file or folder with a space in it, like with Button Bar Editor.exe
I wish however that Total Commander would always add the quotes, as then the links would work even when placed within a path with spaces later. (it's not in one now, I just want the option).
So it would be very handy for me if the Button Bar Editor would indicate which command paths that hasn't been given the quotes.
Another thing it would be cool if it would check is if I remembered quotes around "%T" and such, which I sometimes forget.
I should probably make a script for this myself, if I'm the only one in need of it, but to me these would be handy features. Especially a fix all non quoted commands feature, that's what I really want I guess. Actually I need a similar thing to go through my usercmd.ini

Edit again:
I attempted to make a script for doing the feature I requested above myself:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=42901
So never mind my feature request.
I hope the bug which makes the Button Editor crash when entering a quote sign into a blank command box gets fixed in a later version though, as I know I will forget that after making lots of changes. It is very weird that I am the only person getting those crashes, on 3 different computers.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

magz wrote:I attempted to make a script for doing the feature I requested above myself:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=42901

Good job
magz wrote:I hope the bug which makes the Button Editor crash when entering a quote sign into a blank command box gets fixed in a later version
Yes, it has been confirmed and fixed, sorry for inconvenience.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Hi there.

I have a wish about UTCE, i don't know if it has been asked again but anyway, here it is: when one of the buttons in the quick-start toolbar is clicked (i.e. Directory Menu Editor), the quick-start toolbar closes automatically (after starting the pressed button app of course). Or perhaps such a thing is already supported and i don't know how to activate it? ;)

An extra toggle button in the toolbar could do the trick (before the "pin" one perhaps).
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

wanderer wrote:perhaps such a thing is already supported and i don't know how to activate it? ;)
There isn't an option to do that, it is not difficult to add.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

ts4242 wrote:There isn't an option to do that, it is not difficult to add.
Well, if you feel like it, it would be nice to have it in the next version.

Thanks.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.