Plugin API Wish

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Peter Abelsson

Plugin API Wish

Post by *Peter Abelsson »

When I copy a directory from the harddrive into a plugin a wish there was a way to find out what dir on the harddrive was copied. Currently I don't think there is a failsafe way of doing this. If the directory that is copied is empty only a FsMkDir is triggered and I as a plugin author has no way of knowing what dir was acutally copied.

/Peter
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed this isn't currently available - why would this be useful?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Peter Abelsson

Post by *Peter Abelsson »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Indeed this isn't currently available - why would this be useful?
Well I was thinking of a couple of plugin ideas where the plugin will contain a list of directories. To add directories to the plugin a convenient way would be to use the copy command. But then the problem occurs to know what directory was actually copied, especially if the directory is empty.

The workaround I can think of is to get the current directory and the check the FsMkDir and compare it with the directories in the current directory. But I don't think TC switches the current directory to the sourcepane at all times. So actually what would be nice to get hold of is the path shown in the sourcepane. I guess it could be retrieved by sending a cm_CopySrcPathToClip. But the you have to push and pop the current clipboard I persume. Oh well I'm just thinking aloud here :)

/Peter