New Plugin TreeCopyPlus

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SUKER

Post by *SUKER »

TreeCopyPlus 1.051
1.051 - 26.09.11
+ Unicode support.
+ 64 bit version.
* Some corrections and improvements.
Evds

Post by *Evds »

Hi Suker,

Thanks for your great plugin.
I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option: number of nested folder levels to include.

..or is there another trick to not copy all nested sub folders ?
SUKER

Post by *SUKER »

2Evds
Hi. Sorry, but in down direction, plugin work the same, as simple copy.
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

Hi,
When copying a tree, the plugin does not preserve folders' modification time, although the proper option in TC general configuration is enabled. This option is quite important for me. Is there any solution?
Thanks!
SUKER

Post by *SUKER »

leopoldus wrote:Hi,
When copying a tree, the plugin does not preserve folders' modification time, although the proper option in TC general configuration is enabled. This option is quite important for me. Is there any solution?
Thanks!
Hi, do you mean Copy date/time of directories option? And yes, plugin doesn't preserve modification time :( Any way, I played with option above, and in both cases (checked/unchecked), TC doesn't preserve modification time of folders when copying... :?
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

Thank you Suker for fast reply. Yes, I meant this option of TC.
Do you think that it would be possible to add this option to your plugin as well?
SUKER

Post by *SUKER »

leopoldus wrote:Thank you Suker for fast reply. Yes, I meant this option of TC.
Do you think that it would be possible to add this option to your plugin as well?
Can I refer to itself this option? Does it work at all? As I mentioned above - in both cases TC doesn't preserve modification time of folders when copying...
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

Excuse me, I did not understand you previous message correctly. Do you mean, that this TC option does not work at your system at all, that is when simply copying folders by TC native means without TreeCopyPlus plugin?

If you mean that, it is very, very strange... It works always for me at AFAIK at the most systems.

Can you try it with FAT32 partition as a target? It should work at NTFS too, but there is some cases when directories modification time is updated after it was copied to NTFS partition.
SUKER

Post by *SUKER »

2leopoldus
Yes, you understand me correctly :) But I was wrong - all work fine. I'll see what I can do with this problem...
sgp

Post by *sgp »

leopoldus wrote:Thank you Suker for fast reply. Yes, I meant this option of TC.
+1 (preserve directory times when copying) thanks.
donector

moving files

Post by *donector »

hi Suker, first of all thank you a lot for the plugin.

Then a I have question: when moving files, this works extremely slow, maybe 1000 times slower than normal moving. Is there any way way of speeding this up?

thank you
Hector
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

donector,
You can try my CopyTree plugin instead, it is much more powerful and I hope it will work faster.
donector

Post by *donector »

wow mvv, now this is working really good! a bunch of files in less than a second

My guess is treecopyplus copies and then deletes, not actually moves

thanks a lot!!
isidro

Re: New Plugin TreeCopyPlus

Post by *isidro »

A nice addition would be to add the option of using negative numbers for copying only files from a given depth. for instance if "C:\Program Files" is selected and depth is -2, only files within inner folders would be copied (as "c:\Program Files\Common Files\*.*" but no files from "c:\Program Files\*.*". Folder structure should be copied. A checkbox for not keeping empty dirs would be useful too.
A good usage would be to use -255 for copying folder structure but no files.
soosdaniel1335

Re: New Plugin TreeCopyPlus

Post by *soosdaniel1335 »

Hey,

I used this plugin a long time ago, but now I can't install it. How to install for Total Commander (x64) 10.52?

Image: https://i.imgur.com/ThDH1DE.png

Thanks.