RenameTrak - TC addon to rename a file or folder in a popup window

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sdaughtry

RenameTrak - TC addon to rename a file or folder in a popup window

Post by *sdaughtry »

Stealthware Software proudly releases RenameTrak, a Windows application designed for use as a Total Commander add-on to rename a selected file or folder in a popup window with additional features and safeguards!

1) RenameTrak can ALT-TAB between Total Commander and another open Windows application without losing the file renaming operation’s focus

2) RenameTrak ensures the new folder/file name is Windows compliant (259 characters or less)

3) RenameTrak can default the case of the new folder/file name (UPPER, lower, Propercase or as-entered)

The RenameTrak user's manual contains detailed instructions on how to configure Total Commander to use RenameTrak within it's vertical button bar or via a hotkey (e.g.F2).

RenameTrak is released as "donorware" - no features are disabled and no nag screens are embedded.

For more information on RenameTrek please visit
http://sdaughtry.com/renametrak.htm
Scott D.
TC License #98114
mikedepetris

Re: RenameTrak - TC addon to rename a file or folder in a popup window

Post by *mikedepetris »

Hi, very nice and complete implementation.
I found that I cannot change the extension when it is empty, as a workaround I can ad an extension directly in the filename editing field.