Possible to use diskdirW with lister plugin?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Possible to use diskdirW with lister plugin?

Post by *Hurdet »

Do it is possible to use diskdirW with lister plugin, f.e. ADBPlugin ?
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Possible to use diskdirW with lister plugin?

Post by *Usher »

Could you explain the way you want to use it, please?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
Hurdet
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Hurdet »

I use ADBPlugin to list a directory.
I select all and use diskdirW to print list to a file.
It not work.
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

Do you mean ADB plugin for Android file system? Does it work with Alt+F5 for internal zip?

DiskdirW is a packer plugin (wcx), used with Alt+F5 so if anything works with internal zip, it may works also with diskdirW.
However, for some virtual file systems diskdirW first tries to copy files and only then creates list of local copies. It means that it may take a long time for large files or slow connection and some data may be incorrect:
- for text files there may be automatic EOL conversion (LF in Linux -> CRLF in Windows), so the file size will be greater than original;
- some Linux filenames may be converted to replace characters prohibited in Windows with underscores, f.e. "file\name" -> _file_name_
- all files may have current timestamp.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Usher
for some virtual file systems diskdirW first tries to copy files and only then creates list of local copies
Are you sure about this - diskdirW only packs filenames (including the original path) and their attributes - not the files themselves.

Since diskdirW needs to know the original absolute path of the files, I guess that is why it does not work with the ADBplugin

Maybe try this plugin in stead:
https://totalcmd.net/plugring/zip2zero.html
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

petermad wrote: 2020-01-21, 09:45 UTC 2Usher
for some virtual file systems diskdirW first tries to copy files and only then creates list of local copies
Are you sure about this - diskdirW only packs filenames (including the original path) and their attributes - not the files themselves.
It depends on file system plugin capabilities. Virtual FS plugins may list other things than files and provide view with F3 for other things than file content. What you see by F3 is what you get by F5 or Alt+F5 (no matter what packer is in use), and on copy "filenames" should be always converted to Windows format.
Tested with old TC Mail plugin a.k.a. Mail for TC v 1.02a (32-bit only, you are listed in credits ;-)
You can test procfs, services2 or other FS plugins…

For internal FTP after Alt+F5 you will see "Download" dialog window.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
colemanlee

Post by *colemanlee »

petermad wrote: 2020-01-21, 09:45 UTC 2Usher

Since diskdirW needs to know the original absolute path of the files, I guess that is why it does not work with the ADBplugin

Maybe try this plugin in stead:
https://totalcmd.net/plugring/zip2zero.html
It really create the zip file with full size of original files when I run diskdirW, not zero size links.
Total Commander
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

It really create the zip file with full size of original files when I run diskdirW, not zero size links.
The links are shown with the size they originally have - it doesn't mean that they have any size in the lstW file.

If I pack my totalcmd dir of 962.636.008 bytes (7952 files) as a zip file it's size is 493.861.483 bytes, while the size when packed with diskdirW is only 377.140 bytes - the lstW file is actually just an uncompressed UTF-8 tab-separated text file - try with F3.

From dirdirW's readme file:
readme.txt wrote:The plugin can be used like a packer (Files - Pack), although it
doesn't actually pack any file contents - just link to the
original files.

What it does:
The diskdirW plugin creates plain text list files which can be
opened in Word, Excel or other office tools which can format
TAB-delimited files, and then be formatted for printing. It can
also be used as a catalog tool: You can scan your CDs with it,
each to a file, and then search in these catalogs using the
Search command with the option "Search in archives".
List format is UTF-8 without BOM marker.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
colemanlee

Post by *colemanlee »

petermad wrote: 2021-05-29, 17:18 UTC
The links are shown with the size they originally have - it doesn't mean that they have any size in the lstW file.

If I pack my totalcmd dir of 962.636.008 bytes (7952 files) as a zip file it's size is 493.861.483 bytes, while the size when packed with diskdirW is only 377.140 bytes - the lstW file is actually just an uncompressed UTF-8 tab-separated text file - try with F3.
Hi Petermad,
I see, thank you very much.
Total Commander