WCX plugin for creation of ISO files

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TW

Post by *TW »

i don'd mind .dll files for languages. at least we can always see wheter the text does fit or not!

my small contribution is a german .dll. by design of the current TotalISO.wcx, we need to name it also to zh_cn.dll. :? or patch the .wcx

http://xjbciq56.chez.tiscali.fr/pics/zh_de.dll

don't forget to rename it and overwrite the original
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

I cannot download this plugin even with Internet Explorer :( Are there any alternative locations?
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

...BRB...
taohe

Post by *taohe »

2TW
Thanks for the contribution of .dll language file. Unfortunately, currently you have to hack like that in order to use these dll files.

2Ergo
Sorry to know that you have problem with the downloading site. It seems that you might have got the file as Maxwish gave the link. If still can't download from that link, send an email to "taohe at hotmail dot com", I will send the file to you.

2Maxwish
Thanks for the link.
taohe

Post by *taohe »

A minor upgrade:

* Added: Version resource to TotalISO.wcx
* Added: Check for the existence of the selected tool (eg. mkisofs.exe or cdimage.exe).
If the tool is not found, a warning message will be displayed to remind the user.
* Added: Support for the configuration of language files. Now users can add their own
language files, and modify totaliso.xml file accordingly to make use of the files. Please see the included totaliso.xml file for the reference. GUI
for the configuration is still under development.

This upgrade was initiated by ghisler's suggestions. Thanks to ghisler!

I am pretty busy these days. So the GUI configuration is still under development (actually it is half-done, but I am not happy with it, so I disabled it for the time being).

The downloading page as in the first post has been updated. mkisofs.exe is not included in the download file this time.
djorge

can't download

Post by *djorge »

The donwload links are broken. Please, fix them.
Personal License #117854
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

they are not down - need some glasses ? :D
http://clubtotal.free.fr/index.php?dir=WCX_Packer_Plugins/&file=WCX-diskimage_Total.ISO_0.9.zip
the name change a bit thats all...
(Edit: http://fm2k.ys168.com is down...)
Hoecker sie sind raus!
djorge

Post by *djorge »

You are right! It is not broken.

Actually i have lost my glasse last week..... :shock:
Personal License #117854
taohe

Post by *taohe »

TotalISO is now on TC's addon page.

http://fm2k.ys168.com/ is not down, but you have to use IE to download.
pol098

Post by *pol098 »

TW wrote:looks interesting, thank you.

but not easy to handle. by default, it just tells me "please select a directory and try again", then it stops. :?
I am having exactly the same result, whether the files are in the TotalCMD directory or elsewhere. I followed the simple installation instructions exactly, and TotalISO.wcx is present and selected. Files used are:

20 Sep 2003 22:33 110,085 CDIMAGE.EXE
19 Nov 2003 08:48 417,280 mkisofs.exe
12 Apr 2005 20:59 2,357 readmecn.txt
24 Dec 2004 12:25 8,306 cdimage.xml
25 Dec 2004 21:40 30,327 mkisofs.xml
12 Apr 2005 20:59 1,015 totaliso.xml
12 Apr 2005 00:30 323,584 TotalISO.wcx
12 Apr 2005 21:00 163 pluginst.inf
25 Dec 2004 15:23 1,046 mkisofs_default.xml
20 Sep 2003 22:32 407,394 cygwin1.dll

I also have iso.wcx (plugin ISO 1.6.10), but renaming it ith a different extension makes no difference.

Highlight an ISO file, Alt-F5 invokes a Pack Files window, with no option to Load or Save, wheter .tio or any other extension is selected.
taohe

Post by *taohe »

TotalISO is a TC packer plugin. It servers as a front end of command line tools like mkisofs.exe and cdimage.exe. Since cdimage.exe can only work with a directory. So TotalISO was designed to work with directories only, meaning that if you want to create an iso file for a number of files, you have to put the files in a directory, then select that directory and hit "Alt+F5", choose "tio" in the coming dialog, you can set the target iso file's name. The destination would be the path as shown in TC's another pane.

TotalISO will just quit if you highlight an ISO file then "Alt+F5".
pol098

Post by *pol098 »

taohe wrote:TotalISO is a TC packer plugin. ...
TotalISO will just quit if you highlight an ISO file then "Alt+F5".
Many thanks for that. The description reads "Total ISO maker (TotalISO) is a Packer/unpacker plugin for creating ISO image files." Repeat, packer/unpacker. I had expected to use the unpacker function to create a directory structure from an .ISO file, then delete and add files, and finally re-create the modified ISO. Fat hope. ISO.WCX lets me unpack the ISO in the way I describe, but not to modify it.
maXmo

Post by *maXmo »

taohe wrote:To create ISO files using TotalISO, you need to install TotalISO ( ^_^ ) and mkisofs.exe and/or cdimage.exe.
works with mkisofs but doesn't work with cdimage, tells "You need to install mkisofs or cdimage". What's wrong?
Epikuros

Post by *Epikuros »

I don't find any possibility to get this plugin work.
How can I install mkisofs.exe or cdimage.exe? And what about the parameters? There is no description....
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

Epikuros wrote:I don't find any possibility to get this plugin work.
How can I install mkisofs.exe or cdimage.exe? And what about the parameters? There is no description....
From the readme of totaliso:
Requirements:
TotalISO is only a GUI front end to third party tools. To actually create ISO files,
you need either mkisofs.exe or cdimage.exe, or both.

mkisofs.exe is included in cdrtools. You may find the latest version of cdrtools for
win32 from the following link:
http://smithii.com/files/cdrtools-latest.zip
Just put those files together with totaliso files and you are ready to go.