problem with MediaAudio2 1.4

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tdklaus

problem with MediaAudio2 1.4

Post by *tdklaus »

After years of using MediaAudio2 1.4 without any issues, a problem has recently come up.

When I connect my Phone via USB (both Galaxy S8 - And.9 and Redmi 3S - And.6) to a PC (Win10x64, 1809 LTSC and 1909) the Windows dialog to define a standard action pops up. I never define one. The phone does not show up under the MediaAudio2 entry in the Network tab of TC (all Versions since 9.22). When I open the Adb plugin (8.7 + self-update latest adb from platform tools r29.05 18.10.2019) , I can open the phone and browse it's contents. Now I go back and open MediaAudio2 again - and the phone is there, and access works normally.

Has anything changed in Windows that might need a re-compile of this plaugin with the latest platform tools?

Let me know what diagnostic info I can supply.
tdklaus

Re: problem with MediaAudio2 1.4

Post by *tdklaus »

Oh, this is embarrassing. Default USB action on the phone was not set at all. It must have been reset by some update on the phone(s)..

Set the standard action on the phone to "transfer files" - now Windows does again recognize it as an MTP device and the TC plugin works.

Funny that I found the "back door" through adb before I found this much more obvious issue.