Filesystem plugin and View (F3) support

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kenger

Filesystem plugin and View (F3) support

Post by *kenger »

Hi

what is the min. required for having my plugin support the View (F3) or quick view function.
I know that i will need to create a temp file and somehow use the lister, but what interface methods will be used for triggering the action?
I have debugged the sample FS-plugin, but cant make any breakpoints trigger on the F3 action.

(used totalcmd for like.. ever.., but first plugin)
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Filesystem plugin and View (F3) support

Post by *Dalai »

FsGetFile is the function you need. This function covers viewing in TC Lister and copying to local file-system. And you don't need to create any temp file because TC already does this.

And I admit that this piece of information is missing in the plugin writer's guide for WFX.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
kenger

Re: Filesystem plugin and View (F3) support

Post by *kenger »

Dalai wrote: 2020-12-15, 22:30 UTC FsGetFile is the function you need. This function covers viewing in TC Lister and copying to local file-system. And you don't need to create any temp file because TC already does this.
works perfect, thanks Dalai