FsMega plugin: Access files stored on mega.co.nz

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

oviradoi

FsMega plugin: Access files stored on mega.co.nz

Post by *oviradoi »

I have been working on a filesystem plugin that allows you to access files stored on mega.co.nz cloud accounts.

If anyone is interested, you can download it and view its source code over at the github page: https://github.com/oviradoi/FsMega
iana

Re: FsMega plugin: Access files stored on mega.co.nz

Post by *iana »

First off tanks for a new plugin It works quite well.
Just a few thoughts for future development.

1.account info (user/pass) aren't stored in tc and a restart looses a connection, while this can be good regarding account privacy re-entering credentials can be a chore;
2.the second issue is related to the first one and that is ability to store and use multiple accounts.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2oviradoi
If you plan to store the password, please use the functions via master password! This way the user can store the account in a secure way. Please contact me if you need information on how to do this.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

oviradoi wrote: 2020-12-28, 14:07 UTC I have been working on a filesystem plugin that allows you to access files stored on mega.co.nz cloud accounts.

If anyone is interested, you can download it and view its source code over at the github page: https://github.com/oviradoi/FsMega
2oviradoi

I'm much interested in this plugin to access Mega (where I, like many, turned to after Dropbox going paid). But I find the executble building procedure quite complicated.

Would there be a possibility to get the executable plugin already compiled, possibly admitting entering the API_KEY by the user?
Thanks,
Jose

Nubia Redmagic 7Pro with non-rooted Android 13
TW

Post by *TW »

licenced and happy TC user since 1994 (#11xx)
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

TW wrote: 2021-03-30, 21:07 UTC it's all there...

https://github.com/oviradoi/FsMega/releases
Thanks many ! I don't know well the github.
Thanks,
Jose

Hammillian7

Working on Win XP? Re: FsMega plugin: Access files stored on mega.co.nz

Post by *Hammillian7 »

Please, whoever might know: I've already read it works on Windows 7 or newer, but, would it be possible to make it work on Win XP adding a few dll's ?
Thanks,
Jose

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

If you build by VS2017 (instead of VS2019) you can select the vs141_xp platform toolset to enable XP support. That's the setting I build my plugins usually.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

tbeu wrote: 2021-03-31, 06:42 UTC If you build by VS2017 (instead of VS2019) you can select the vs141_xp platform toolset to enable XP support. That's the setting I build my plugins usually.
Thanks for the clue.

But I haven't used VS since V6 and it would take me quite a lot to install, set it up and make it compile successfully.

Would you (or any kind person else) by chance have already done it for this plugin and could share it to me?
Thanks,
Jose

oviradoi

Post by *oviradoi »

2Hammillian7

Sorry, I was not able to build the Mega SDK using the Windows XP toolset. It looks like vcpkg does not support that toolset, and I'm not sure all of Mega SDK's dependencies would actually build successfully using that toolset.

The tooling required to support Windows XP is getting old, and people are starting to use newer C++ language features and adapting their code for more modern operating systems. Because of this, it's very difficult to keep supporting Windows XP.

The code is open sourced on github, so if somebody wants to spend time and fix this, I'm happy to accept a pull request and publish a newer version.
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

oviradoi wrote: 2021-04-01, 11:06 UTC 2Hammillian7

Sorry, I was not able to build the Mega SDK using the Windows XP toolset. It looks like vcpkg does not support that toolset, and I'm not sure all of Mega SDK's dependencies would actually build successfully using that toolset.

The tooling required to support Windows XP is getting old, and people are starting to use newer C++ language features and adapting their code for more modern operating systems. Because of this, it's very difficult to keep supporting Windows XP.

The code is open sourced on github, so if somebody wants to spend time and fix this, I'm happy to accept a pull request and publish a newer version.
Thank you very much for your interest and trial.

Wouldn't it be possible just to identify the missing dll's and copy them from a Win10 installation to the exec dir ?
Thanks,
Jose

oviradoi

Post by *oviradoi »

Hammillian7 wrote: 2021-04-01, 13:02 UTC Thank you very much for your interest and trial.

Wouldn't it be possible just to identify the missing dll's and copy them from a Win10 installation to the exec dir ?
Unfortunately it's not that easy. The dlls that are required are only available in Windows 7 and later. Even if you were to copy them to the installation dir, they depend on other features that are not present in XP.
damjang

Post by *damjang »

First I have to say thank you for this plugin! Then I have a question about it: I see that the transfer with this plugin is very slow, but I don't know if this is a mega site problem or problem of plugin. Is there someone that use this plugin and can confirm if he/she have slowness problem of mega? Thank you
oviradoi

Post by *oviradoi »

damjang wrote: 2021-05-15, 20:40 UTC First I have to say thank you for this plugin! Then I have a question about it: I see that the transfer with this plugin is very slow, but I don't know if this is a mega site problem or problem of plugin. Is there someone that use this plugin and can confirm if he/she have slowness problem of mega? Thank you
The plugin uses mega's SDK to perform the actual file transfers. I noticed that the transfer is a bit slow, and sometimes it pauses for a few seconds only to continue later. This is just the way their SDK works.

The mega SDK also supports parallel file transfers, but that's not really possible with Total Commander's plugin API because it needs to report progress for one file before it can move on to the next file. If parallel file transfer would be possible, I think it would be faster but I don't think anything can be done about it.
damjang

Post by *damjang »

Thank you for the answer. Yes, mega transfer is slow also with mega browser plugin. But of course using TC is better :-)