Force updating content fields from WDX

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Force updating content fields from WDX

Post by *tbeu »

The WDX_GitCommander reports (for Git repositories) the Git branch as one of its fields. If the Git branch changes (triggered by any Git client), the branch name in the custom column view is not updated. Is there any chance that a content plugin is informed about such changes and that the fields are updated in background again? I know, there is ContentSendStateInformation, but that function is just to be consumed w/o any output or return values.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Force updating content fields from WDX

Post by *Dalai »

Not sure if your problem has the same reason as the one I had a couple of years ago. In short: I forced TC to reread, or rather fetch, the icon from the plugin again by returning a slightly different timestamp for the files. This difference in the timestamp is invisible to the user. Another way to force TC to fetch information again is to append a space to the filename, i.e. make "foobar" into "foobar ". This change is visible to the user, although only upon close inspection.

The WDX interface and the custom columns in WFX plugins should be identical in this regard, and I guess that it not only helps with icons but also custom column fields.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

Thanks for replying though I believe your WFX is a different scenario than the fields reported by WDX.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Based on the documentation one could ask - will TC call ContentSendStateInformation when it receives information using Find*ChangeNotification API?
If yes, the next question would be, is TC using the Find*ChangeNotification API in a way that the used filter of this function catches the changed caused by the GIT branch change?