Interpret buttonbar as menu

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

VadiMGP wrote: PS. Can somebody explain me why ftp link not allowed in URL tag?
Thanks for the plugin It's really nice ;-)

I don't know why the URL doesn't work but if you use:
ftp://mgppublic:public@mgpsoft.com/
You can get to the folder from where you can download the file.

BTW: -$ works !!! Thanks.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

suggestion:

environment variables should be supported
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Lefteous
environment variables should be supported
Hmm... Interesting idea... But how i should expand string "%p%Lib%f"? As TC parameters %p %L %f or TC parameter %p and %Lib% environment variable?
Pradera

Post by *Pradera »

VadiMGP wrote:
Too bad the functionality is limited - editing bars and easier adding new items would be nice. But I understand this is just an example of what fully functional pull-down bars should look like if (when) Christian adds them officialy. I do hope so, it's a great idea.
Because i used standard TC button bar you can use TC's configuration dialog. I don't see reason to implement the same functionality again.
But you can't add new items just by dragging and dropping them on your menu (or can you?). Also, what about launching files by dragging them on items on the buttonbar (like launching video file via player, etc.)? Okay, I'm just picky. This is really a great addon, one of those 'see what my Total Commander can do!' kind of thing :)
oblomov

Re: Interpret buttonbar as menu

Post by *oblomov »

Valentino wrote:
VadiMGP wrote:A long time ago I suggested the following improvement to TC buttonbar: instead of switching to subbar assigned to button just display it as menu.
Not bad idea but IMHO it would be better to show this menu in context menu (that pops up when right-clicking on a button).
Even better idea (while we're brainstorming ...): buttons that link to sub-bars could have this behaviour: clicking on them would call the sub-bar as it happens currently; long clicks would pop a menu as suggested by VadiMGP; IOW the behaviour could be similar to that of the "back" button in some modern browsers (click -> back; long click -> history of visited sites).
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

2VadiMGP:

I tried your plugin, it's a great tool...
but when i click on the associate button to open the "sub_bar" i've got differents delay (0.5s to 2s) before the bar appears.

If u have an idea on how to fix it let me know.

thanks again for this tool!!
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2<b>VadiMGP</b>

I've noticed two problems (correct me if I'm wrong):

1. While I'm inside the archive file in any panel and press the bar button to call the (wonderful ;-) wcmenu.exe i get the error:
"This function cannot be used with packed file"
Is it necessary?

2. I cannot use in the bar buttons calling build-in TC commands like cm_FtpConnect. It's a pity.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

Pradera wrote: But you can't add new items just by dragging and dropping them on your menu (or can you?).
:lol: Well, no problem, i'll add this functionality. Only thing you have to do is to be nimble enough to drug&drop item on menu before menu disappers. AFIK, if you click outside of popup menu Windows destroys it for less then 1 millisecond. Deal? :lol:
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

I cannot use in the bar buttons calling build-in TC commands like cm_FtpConnect.
May be you didn't put wcmenu.exe in the TC directory? Wcmenu looks for wincmd.inc file to execute internal TC commands.
i've got differents delay (0.5s to 2s) before the bar appears.
2 s??? :shock: What processor, RAM and OS you use? I've got such delay on my old PII-300 64Mb computer.
While I'm inside the archive file in any panel and press the bar button to call the (wonderful icon_wink.gif wcmenu.exe i get the error:
"This function cannot be used with packed file"
It is standard TC behavior when you start program with parameters.
what about launching files by dragging them on items on the buttonbar (like launching video file via player, etc.)?
buttons that link to sub-bars could have this behaviour: clicking on them would call the sub-bar as it happens currently; long clicks would pop a menu
Actually it is additional reasons to built this feature in TC. There is nothing to do in the external program.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I cannot use in the bar buttons calling build-in TC commands like cm_FtpConnect.
May be you didn't put wcmenu.exe in the TC directory? Wcmenu looks for wincmd.inc file to execute internal TC commands.
Well, If install only new version of TC there is NO wincmd.inc in TC directory, now it's called Totalcmd.inc.
If I copied the file to wincmd.inc - it works ;-). But you should change it, I think.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Pradera

Post by *Pradera »

VadiMGP wrote:
Pradera wrote: But you can't add new items just by dragging and dropping them on your menu (or can you?).
:lol: Well, no problem, i'll add this functionality. Only thing you have to do is to be nimble enough to drug&drop item on menu before menu disappers. AFIK, if you click outside of popup menu Windows destroys it for less then 1 millisecond. Deal? :lol:
:) no, really, I think it can be done (I'm already thinking more of the implemented Christian's version, not necessarily your addon) - drag a file to toolbar icon, which would open a popup menu and, still holding LMB down, go down to a program you want to launch...

even easier: make it open a normal button bar when clicking with shift or ctrl pressed, instead of menu (or the other way round). This way all the editing/drag&drop functionality is remained.
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

VadiMGP wrote:PS. Can somebody explain me why ftp link not allowed in URL tag?
Seems that it's because of a name and a password in URL. Without them the link appears (but doesn't work).
VadiMGP wrote:
Valentino wrote:Not bad idea but IMHO it would be better to show this menu in context menu (that pops up when right-clicking on a button).
Sorry, right click handled by TC itself.
Yes, it is Christian whom I had in mind.
VadiMGP wrote:But how i should expand string "%p%Lib%f"? As TC parameters %p %L %f or TC parameter %p and %Lib% environment variable?
We can use %%windir%% or %%windir% for env. vars, for example...
oblomov wrote:Even better idea (while we're brainstorming ...): ... long click ...
Yeah, I like this even better... :)
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Another problem:
I've got several buttons used just to chage to my favourite directories.
The command is just eg.: "cd d:\mydocs\excel"
But i cannot use the buttons running them from wcmenu :-(
I get wcmenu error: "Cannot run cd d:\mydocs\excel" :-(
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

Valentino wrote:We can use %%windir%% or %%windir% for env. vars, for example...
Ok, I'll do it. But spaces in variables can cause problems in passing parameters! You have to experiment with qoutation marks. :)
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

djk wrote:Another problem:
I've got several buttons used just to chage to my favourite directories.
The command is just eg.: "cd d:\mydocs\excel"
But i cannot use the buttons running them from wcmenu :-(
I get wcmenu error: "Cannot run cd d:\mydocs\excel" :-(
Sorry, it is true. You cannot use the CD command. But you can instead start TC with /o option. Not perfect replacement, but better then nothing.

PS. You also cannot use cm_List command with predefined filename.