Interpret buttonbar as menu

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

That's a pity. You are right the solutions are not perfect :-(

Remember about my previous post about wincmd.inc (above), please.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Pradera

Post by *Pradera »

I must say I like your addon more and more. I'm currently using it as a pop-up program launcher while I'm in TC - by attaching a key to a separate 'popup' bar...(it's great that the menu is launched wherever mouse cursor is, not only on toolbar). Also, I went around the editing and d&d problem, by making two sets of toolbars - old style and new style - which are swapped with a simple batch command. It has full functionality now.
Great work!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

Pradera wrote:I must say I like your addon more and more. I'm currently using it as a pop-up program launcher while I'm in TC - by attaching a key to a separate 'popup' bar...(it's great that the menu is launched wherever mouse cursor is, not only on toolbar). Also, I went around the editing and d&d problem, by making two sets of toolbars - old style and new style - which are swapped with a simple batch command. It has full functionality now.
Great work!
Thank you! And thanks to all! :D Although i don't fully understand how you use two sets of toolbars.:? Can you explain in detail?

A new version here. ftp://mgppublic:public@mgpsoft.com/wcmenu13.zip
The main change - version info :). Version 1.3.
Also added environment variables substitution and time/date variables.

2djk You can drop your copy of totalcmd.inc :)

2ghisler(Author) If it is possible to get from specific instance of TC full name of "wincmd.ini" file currently used by this instance? If yes, i can take settings for big/small icons from this file instead of using -$ parameter.
Pradera

Post by *Pradera »

VadiMGP wrote:
Pradera wrote:I must say I like your addon more and more. I'm currently using it as a pop-up program launcher while I'm in TC - by attaching a key to a separate 'popup' bar...(it's great that the menu is launched wherever mouse cursor is, not only on toolbar). Also, I went around the editing and d&d problem, by making two sets of toolbars - old style and new style - which are swapped with a simple batch command. It has full functionality now.
Great work!
Thank you! And thanks to all! :D Although i don't fully understand how you use two sets of toolbars.:? Can you explain in detail?
Well, by default I have pull-downs on, but I have also a subbar containing all the bars in old, editable form. I use two sets instead of one for backup and testing.

BTW, I can't get "?" (open dialog) parameter to work... is it not supported, or am I doing something wrong? I use it for sending net commands and messages quite often.
(the parameters I set are: "path\file.exe -x ?")
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Hmm!!... Although wcmenu (by the way it probably should be renamed to tcmenu) works fine at work on Windows NT I’m having a slight problem back home on my XP-based machine. It works fine but without the icons and text entries visible!!! Well, I can’t really blame wcmenu for that since I’m using a skinning application (WindowBlinds) which probably is the cause of the improper functionality but I just thought of mentioning it just in case there is a window open for better integration/compatibility in the future with XP skinning! :oops:
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Pradera
Sorry, "?" parameter not supported. :( I'll think about it.

2pdavit
I think WindowBlinds cause the problem. On my XP wcmenu works fine with different themes (curiously, right? :) ), but I heared from my friends about similar problems with owner-drawn controls when WindowBlinds is installed.
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

WCMenu is a great tool. I've already started converting my menu structure to it.

Wish List:

1. The "?" parameter should be supported. I use it all the time.
2. I would really like to see the Total Commander "ToolTip" text in the WCMenu instead of the filepath to the executable. Perhaps a toggle similar to the "$" icon size toggle would indicate to WCMenu to display the tooltip text instead of the file name...

Thanks for this utility!
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

VadiMGP wrote:2pdavit
I think WindowBlinds cause the problem. On my XP wcmenu works fine with different themes (curiously, right? :) ), but I heared from my friends about similar problems with owner-drawn controls when WindowBlinds is installed.
Maybe v4 of WindowBlinds could solve the problem or a use of another skin can do the job for me. I’ll give it a try. Thanks any way and keep up the good work excellent tool! :-)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Pradera

Post by *Pradera »

JohnFredC wrote: 2. I would really like to see the Total Commander "ToolTip" text in the WCMenu instead of the filepath to the executable. Perhaps a toggle similar to the "$" icon size toggle would indicate to WCMenu to display the tooltip text instead of the file name...
But... it's already like that. What I get are tooltips, not filenames.
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Hi Predara

You are right... I neglected to put tooltips on my menu buttons and the executable appeared instead. This is the expected (and default) behavior.

My mistake. Sorry.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

JohnFredC wrote:Hi Predara
My mistake. Sorry.
Wow! You almost cause me heart attack! :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Looks better and better! Please let me know if you want me to put it on my addons page. Please be patient, I'm very busy, and therefore I'm updating my pages only every week or so.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Munango-Keewati

Post by *Munango-Keewati »

Although I haven't tried this addon, I'm really wowed by the creativity of you people! (And generosity!)

My approach to the problem is a little different. What I really wish is that subbars could be optionally set to vanish after a button is clicked, with the main bar returning. Would this be very difficult for Christian to implement?
WatchUer

Post by *WatchUer »

I got a problem:

In a button bar's definition, The command is "eventvwr.msc /s"

When I use the wcmenu, it pops a error like "Cannot run eventvwr.msc /s".

If I erase the " /s", it will be ok.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

Munango-Keewati wrote:Although I haven't tried this addon, I'm really wowed by the creativity of you people! (And generosity!)

My approach to the problem is a little different. What I really wish is that subbars could be optionally set to vanish after a button is clicked, with the main bar returning. Would this be very difficult for Christian to implement?
Of course! I have already thought about it. And I hope to implement it soon.