TC IrfanView Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC IrfanView Plugin

Post by *Gral »

I'm not lecturing you, so i am asking for reciprocity, at least as long as you are not moderator.
About language barrier - english is not my native language too, so be polite on that matter for me as you are for him.
Maybe you misunderstood what I meant? - "reflect a little upon yourself and perhaps improve on your attitude".

P.S. I can speak Russian, so you are wrong here.
strawbeard

Post by *strawbeard »

AkulaBig wrote: 2021-09-11, 18:08 UTC
strawbeard wrote: 2021-09-11, 17:11 UTC Finally, I would like to know from which location the i_view{32|64}.ini file is taken, when the program does not reside in the plugin's directory structure (as in my case). Irfanview doesn't tell.
It is located where you placed it by the program settings. My plugin does not check for its presence
Of course I chose %appdata%\Irfanview (as recommended), since the installation directory is write protected. But then, the ini files supplied by you in the plugin's directory structure are ignored. (Maybe, this doesn't matter.) These ini files could be used by Irfanview (regardless of its location) when it is invoked with the /ini command line option like this:

Code: Select all

...\i_view32.exe /ini="...\wlx\TCIrfanView\IrfanView\i_view32.ini"
(See Start Menu item Irfanview => Command Line Options.)

FWIW: I don't install TC plugins under %COMMANDER_PATH% to avoid write protection (%ProgramFiles(x86)%!); updates can be quite frequent.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

strawbeard wrote: 2021-09-12, 15:48 UTC (Maybe, this doesn't matter.)
How important this is, you can decide for yourself. Of the not at all important ones, I change the background color of the window to white. And from the relatively important ones - display modes: PropPage=6 FitWindowOption=3 and file associations that irfan views by rotating the mouse wheel: CustomExtensions=ACR|ANI|ARW|AWD|B3D|BMP|CDR|CLP|CRW|CR2|CR3|CRW|CUR|DCM|DCR|DDS|DCX|DIB|DJVU|DNG|ECW|EMF|ERF|EXR|FPX|G3|GIF|HDP|HEIC|ICO|ICS|IFF|IMA|IMG|IW44|J2K|JFIF|JPC|JP2|JPE|JPEG|JPF|JPG|JPM|JLS|JNG|JXR|KDC|LBM|MNG|MOS|MPO|MRC|MRW|MSK|NEF|OFR|PBM|PCD|PCX|PDN|PEF|PGM|PNG|PPM|PSD|PSB|PSP|RAF|RAS|RAW|RGB|RLE|RW2|RWL|SFF|SGI|SID|SRF|SRW|SUN|SVG|SWF|TIF|TIFF|TGA|WBMP|WEBP|WDP|WMF|WPG|WSQ|X3F|XBM|XCF|XPM|XR| All these parameters can be set manually, and you can not prescribe at all.
strawbeard

Post by *strawbeard »

Thank you for publishing version 1.2. It fixes the bit depth problem for me. TC/64 now invokes Irfanview/64. :)

Currently no further issues. :wink:
Matthias030

Post by *Matthias030 »

What for a hot discussion about this plugin :D
So maybe this is the last update of the plugin.
No further bug reports from my side, but it would be really great if we could see IV hotkeys in Lister plugin. Maybe you'll find some time to add / improve this option. Thanks again for spending your time creating this plugin as possible successor of beloved "Imagine" 8)
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

I have not abandoned the development of the plugin, so this is not the latest version :) I myself want the IV keyboard shortcuts to work in the plugin. But this requires the mandatory use of TC and IV of the same bit depth. Since it is not possible to install the hook in TC64 on IV 32. At the moment, the beta version of the plugin already works with hotkeys. But to upload a full version, I need to do: 1. Checking the IV for bitness. I generally want to make irfanview. ini intelligent (how to do this is clear to me). 2. Change the file name in the header (I'm working on it, but I don't know how to do it yet). 3. Activating the IV window without clicking on it (I don't know how to do it yet). Of course, if points 2,3 cause me great difficulty, then I will make 1 forward. But it's definitely not until next week.
Matthias030

Post by *Matthias030 »

AkulaBig wrote: 2021-09-14, 06:18 UTC I have not abandoned the development of the plugin, so this is not the latest version :) I myself want the IV keyboard shortcuts to work in the plugin. But this requires the mandatory use of TC and IV of the same bit depth. Since it is not possible to install the hook in TC64 on IV 32. At the moment, the beta version of the plugin already works with hotkeys. But to upload a full version, I need to do: 1. Checking the IV for bitness. I generally want to make irfanview. ini intelligent (how to do this is clear to me). 2. Change the file name in the header (I'm working on it, but I don't know how to do it yet). 3. Activating the IV window without clicking on it (I don't know how to do it yet). Of course, if points 2,3 cause me great difficulty, then I will make 1 forward. But it's definitely not until next week.
Sounds good!

Regarding "bitness" of TC and IV, I only work in TC64 and IV64. I am not sure if it is really worth to spent a lot of time for 32-bit systems in year 2021. Maybe it is good to also support 32bit for others. Not sure... If so, is it really necessary to support all features in 32-bit version? ;-)
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Matthias030 wrote: 2021-09-14, 13:12 UTC If so, is it really necessary to support all features in 32-bit version? ;-)
This does not affect the code in any way. You will still have to do a bitness check of the IV.
dindog

Post by *dindog »

AkulaBig wrote: 2021-09-09, 17:42 UTC
Horst.Epp wrote: 2021-09-08, 19:53 UTC What is the benefit of this plugin ?
The plugin supports animation. GIF and WEBP can now be viewed animated.
wow, that what i would call benefit! i've been stick to imagine for it fast and light, but the lack of webp-animation supported had me find a substitution for years and now there is!
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Version 1.3:
+ IrfanView keyboard shortcuts work.
+ the path to the file is displayed in the Lister header.
+ the focus is immediately set to the IrfanView window.
* changed the way of writing paths in the irfanview.ini file.
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

I cannot get it to work. With this new version i see blank, white screen only.
File name on title bar changes both in Quick View and selected file view on Lister, plugin name displayed correctly, but no image.
Exactly same config as version 1.2 (which works as earlier)
Still trying.

EDIT
ALL THESE REMARKS FOR 32-bit VERSION ONLY.
X64 VERSION WORKS CORRECTLY!
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

This has already been written on our forum. I also found one mistake myself. I will eliminate it in the next version.
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

2AkulaBig
Can you change description on totalcmd.net, please? For me it should be a little more detailed, based on https://www.irfanview.com/main_formats.htm table:

Code: Select all

* Graphic formats supported directly by IrfanView: ANI, CUR, BMP, DIB, CPT, EMF, GIF,, ICO, JPG, JPEG, PBM, PCD, PGM, PNG, PPM, PSD, TGA, TIF, TIFF, TXT, WMF; ICL, EXE, DLL (icon libraries).
* Graphic formats supported by IrfanView plugins: ARW, CR3, CR2, CRW, DCR, DNG, ERF, KDC, MRW, NEF, NRW, MOS, ORF, PEF, RAF, RAW, RW2, RWL, SRF, SRW, X3F, AWD, B3D, CAM, CLP, CRW, CR2, CR3, DCM, ACR, IMA, DDS, DJVU, IW44, DPX, CIN, DXF, DXF, DWG, HPGL, CGM, SVG, ECW, EPS, PS, PDF, AI, EXR, FITS, FLIF, FPX, G3, HDP, JXR, WDP, HDR, HEIC, AVIF, ICS, IFF, LBM, IMG, JLS, JP2, JPC, J2K, JPM, Mac PICT, QTIF, MNG, JNG, MrSID, SID, PCX, DCX, PDF, PDN, PSP, PVR, RAS, SUN, RAW, YUV, RLE, SFF, SFW, SGI, RGB, SIF, SVG, TTF, WAD, WAL, WBC, WBZ, WBMP, WebP, WSQ, XBM, XCF, XPM; SWF, FLV (old Macromedia Flash files).
* Animation supported in formats: ANI, GIF, PNG (APNG), MNG, JNG, WebP; ICL, EXE, DLL; SWF, FLV.
I might omit some animated formats.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

And what is it necessary for? It's not clear to me. I have listed in the description all the formats that the plugin supports. Isn't that enough?
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Version 1.4:
- fixed a bug with the processing of the %COMMANDER_EXE% variable.