ann: hpg_0.59 - programmer's viewer&editor

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Try setting the read-only attribute and see if that is the cause.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

No, read-only attribute it is not a reason. All other files from the same CD plugin opens without problems.
hpg

Post by *hpg »

VadiMGP wrote:No, read-only attribute it is not a reason. All other files from the same CD plugin opens without problems.
I tried it with a CDROM here and it opens all text files correctly without any problem.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2hpg I repeat "true is out here" :) The problem with one specific file only! And i want to accent: problem is not impossibility to open file (in worst case i can open it with lister) The problem is TC crash!
hpg

Post by *hpg »

VadiMGP wrote:2hpg I repeat "true is out here" :) The problem with one specific file only! And i want to accent: problem is not impossibility to open file (in worst case i can open it with lister) The problem is TC crash!
Ok, ok :-) I understand.

Probably the problem is some kind of an erronious size information on the CDROM. I encountered equal problems on a CDROM here ;-)
hpg_ed (in difference to the standard lister) tries to load the whole file at once.
What does the standard lister when you jump to the end of the file?
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

Well, good news for you, hpg! The problem is not related to your plugin. I uninstalled all LS-plugins except your and problem disappeared. After this i installed them one-by-one and after installing BaseView problem returned back. Most probably BaseView doesn't exit gracefully (anyway it is still some mystery because BaseView uses detection string and shouldn't try to load this file at all) Anyway you can breath :) and may be you'll add word wrapping to the next version? :wink:
Good luck!
hpg

Post by *hpg »

To VadiMGP:
The Hint with the word wrap is not a so good idea. Please note that hpg_ed is not a word processor at all. Its a programmer's editor and there is currently no way (I see) to implement this. A wordwrap could
only work in one way, i.e. you cannot have a wordwrap undo nor an automatically wordwrap when the listers form changes its size.
BTW: the next version is out.
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

Please, reveal file name and path (might be something interesting)?
Translate your favorite Mozilla Extension ~ Your Language Is Important Too.
#tcmd on irc.freenode.net - the place to idle
hpg

Post by *hpg »

AlleyKat wrote:Please, reveal file name and path (might be something interesting)?
What do you mean? Lister displays filename on its window title?

BTW: Check out the 0.5.11 version -> other topic!
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

:oops: my bad, never mind! Brain short circuit or something.