cm_ShowOnlySelected hides all entries...

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

cm_ShowOnlySelected hides all entries...

Post by *icfu »

...when nothing is selected, so the panel is empty then.

Expected:
If nothing is selected, the command should not have any effect.

Addition:
If .. is selected, the command could execute cm_SrcAllFiles.

If someone thinks that an empty panel makes sense as long as we don't have any *real* temporary panels, drop me a line. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

Is it so important? Just press Refresh! :)
now

Re: cm_ShowOnlySelected hides all entries...

Post by *now »

icfu wrote:...when nothing is selected, so the panel is empty then.

Expected:
If nothing is selected, the command should not have any effect.
How about showing only the file under the cursor as the expected behavior?
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Is it so important? Just press Refresh!
Sure, you can press Ctrl-R or you can press Ctrl-F10 or you can use whatever other workaround you can find but this doesn't make it any better. A keypress that is needed just because a command doesn't work as expected is annoying for everyone using a command regularly.
The command reads cm_ShowOnlySelected, not cm_ShowOnlyCurrentFile so I think this should be handled in a new request thread (if you need such a feature). The bug would also not be fixed with such a behaviour because then you get the same effect as now when .. is hovered.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

2icfu
I would not call it a bug. It works exactly as it's documented, so Refresh is not workaround. And the same question: is it so important? :) How often this behaviour annoys you? Does this drive you crazy? Does it worth the effort to do smth about it? :)
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

The only thing that drives me crazy is to be forced to justify bug reports. I have no desires to, I feel like wasting my time when doing that. Why is it important for you if a bug is important for me? A bug is a bug. If I see one, I report it. That's it.

I have enough bug reports and requests buried in the forum archive because ghisler has ignored them, I really don't need additional ones buried because of nitpicking users who ask me if it's worth to report it.

If it's not a bug for you, that's fine, call it banana feature if you like.

I give a sh** if this bug gets fixed actually, I have reported it because I thought about it a second when a user in German forum has reported it.

So, let's just keep it if it makes you happy, this is number one priority for me.

I have the strong feeling that I need a longer break again. Good luck, happy new year and stay cool. I'll be back when TC 7 is final, this saves my nerves, maybe ghisler's as well.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

2icfu
Sorry, I didn't want to get on your nerves. Just discussed.
now

Post by *now »

icfu wrote:
The command reads cm_ShowOnlySelected, not cm_ShowOnlyCurrentFile so I think this should be handled in a new request thread (if you need such a feature). The bug would also not be fixed with such a behaviour because then you get the same effect as now when .. is hovered.
I just figured it would be a more sane default than not showing anything. Just a suggestion.