[REQ] Quick Search dialog improvements

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

[REQ] Quick Search dialog improvements

Post by *roentgen »

In Directory tree I tried typing 'windows\' thinking so I'd go faster to C:\WINDOWS dir without going through all other *windows* dirs, but it seems that the '\' character is not supported in Quick search.

Could this be implemented?

The same applies for the main Quick Search for the panels, just tried and it doesn't work there too.
Last edited by roentgen on 2006-12-08, 10:45 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
TC for Linux please!
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

Further more on this...

I use Quick search: Letters with search dialog and options for 'Exact name match' both unticked.

The main drawback for such options is that you can't find files that start with m (just an example) when the fact that it starts with m is the only thing you remember about those files.

The only sollution I see to this, like above: allow something like \m for use in quick search dialog.
TC for Linux please!
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

It's clear by now that I'm the only one interested (or using) the quick search dialog..., or just maybe my expectations are too high at the moment :cry: ...

Anyway... another issue I've encountered which I think may also be handled by the quick search dialog: go to the n-th item in the file list, by using > as keyword (e.g. >23 to go to the 23-rd item).

I don't know if TC maintains an internal numbering for the file lists but I think this could be a nice addition.

Also a moderator please modify the title of the thread to something more descriptive like: [REQ] Quick Search dialog improvements
TC for Linux please!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

roentgen666,
Also a moderator please modify the title of the thread to something more descriptive like: [REQ] Quick Search dialog improvements
You should be able to do that yourself.

Hacker (Moderator)
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
byblo

Post by *byblo »

roentgen666 wrote:Further more on this...

I use Quick search: Letters with search dialog and options for 'Exact name match' both unticked.

The main drawback for such options is that you can't find files that start with m (just an example) when the fact that it starts with m is the only thing you remember about those files.

The only sollution I see to this, like above: allow something like \m for use in quick search dialog.
Yes, quick search should be improved.
(in waiting, I guess you should enable the first checkbox [at beginning] to quickly going to a file or folder, and use the * character for the rest)

I support your propositions to add more characters (like the * or ?) for additional functions. For resuming : One character for starting line, one for ending, one for folder. (and why not more? to specify also attributes as instance)