[DEV] Mail plugin for Total Commander

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

If I have set up two mailboxes, I can only send from "Default" - I can not use the "Send from email..." button and choose either of the two configured mailboxes - then I get the message "Host must be specified".

The value of the "Organization" (ORG) field does not seem to be passed on when sending with TCmail.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
D1P

Post by *D1P »

1. sending is only possible from default account when multiply accounts exist (when you choose account1 althougt it's default acc. error apear "host must be specified")
2. when you choose another account for default adn try to send - access valiation at address 7c913144 in module "ntdll.dll".Write address 010053d5
Thank you, i will check that.
%commander_path% is not supported in path to blat.exe field
One more strange thing. I was check that, and it worked, but now it doesn't work for me too. I will fix that.
The value of the "Organization" (ORG) field does not seem to be passed on when sending with TCmail.
Thanks, will be checked.
Matrix

Post by *Matrix »

Confirmed sending email option works for me too.

settings set to - own settings with use default email ticked.

I think the mistake I made was that when I was trying to send email I would click on the mail box setting account name created rather than using the default settings.

Silly yes I know but what gave me a clue was someone mentioning that clicking on account name created would only work if there was more than two account name created.

Cheers for a really good plugin!
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2Author

I cofigure button bar for reading mail with -v paramtar and it work ok, but answer with -a parametar is not working. TCmail opens in create message mode but "to" field is empty like I want to create new message.If I understanded right it shoud be opened in reply mode with mail address of mail sender.
dzonson

Post by *dzonson »

Hi,
I have not much experience in this things...
A had Open TC pop mejl,and I can see message that I have recived, ( by sending with my G-mail) but I can not send repley...?

I think that I did not fill properly pop3 box and smtp box.
Please,can somone show me exactly how I should fill the PO3 Server and Smt Server box ,... POP3 authentification,...SMTP autentification and so on....

My adres is Orgon@sezampro.yu

My Provider is: Sezampro.yu
I will appreciate if somebody could help me!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2dzonson
I I were you, I would remove the email address in the previous post - or you will recieve thousands of spam mails pretty soon.

Apart from that, you are not giving us the right information. Giving us you email address doesn't help anything! What is the address of your POP mail server? - it could be pop3.sezampro.yu but it could also be something completely different. Same thing regarding your SMTP server - it could be smtp.sezampro.yu - but then again not. And of course we can't know your username and passwords either - All that is information you have gotten from your Internet Service Provider.

You can probably retrieve that information rom your current mail client - but in order for us to help you with that, we need to know the name of yu mail client (like is it Outlook Express?).
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
dzonson

Post by *dzonson »

Thanks You want to help me... !

My POP mail server is: pop.sezampro.yu
My SMTP server is: smtp.sezampro.yu
My user name is; orgon
my password is: *********** :wink:
You can probably retrieve that information rom your current mail client - but in order for us to help you with that, we need to know the name of yu mail client (like is it Outlook Express?).
I dont want to use any E-mail client ( Previosly I used PocoMail 4.1),I just wish to use this TC E-mail plugin without any E-mail client if it is possible...?
If it is not..I will use TC E-mail plugin together with PocoMail,but rather
I will have to integrate this plugin with my G-mail...!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2dzonson
Try this setup first: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/orgon.png
License #524 (1994)
dzonson

Post by *dzonson »

Thanks petermad...! :)

The settings you have been sent me was correct!
Now,I can receive and send messages without any E-mail client,just with this great plugin!

The first time,by my own,I have made mistake because
in POP Server i put pop3.sezampro.yu
and in SMTP authentification i put "own settings" with my user name and passwrod... but that was rong...in that case,I just were received messages,but could not send it.

If You have time,can you show me in the same way how to integrate this plugin with my G-mail account...?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2dzonson
If You have time,can you show me in the same way how to integrate this plugin with my G-mail account...?
I hadn't tried gmail before, but here it is:

http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/gmail.png

2D1P
I have som problems with gmail though: The first time I open my gmail folder I get the mesage: "Could not load SSL library." - When I try one more time it works, and keeps working through the rest of the TC session - I guess it could be a matter of timing to give the SSL library time to load (I have the files libeay32.dll and lssleay32.dll in the TCMail folder, not in the TC program folder - maybe that's why).

TotalMail seem to have some trouble collecting mails from gmail correctly.

If it is a mail send from SeaMonkey mail client, only the From field is filled out correctly, the rest of the message is shown (including header) about 55 blank lines down both in Total Mails viewer and with eml.wlx.

If I send the mail with TCMail.exe then the fields From, To and Subject are filled out corectly in the mail recieved from gmail, and the message is almost displayed correctly, except for the first line showing the Message-Id: <xxx>

The same mails looks OK in my SeaMonkey mail client.
License #524 (1994)
D1P

Post by *D1P »

I have som problems with gmail though: The first time I open my gmail folder I get the mesage: "Could not load SSL library." - When I try one more time it works, and keeps working through the rest of the TC session - I guess it could be a matter of timing to give the SSL library time to load (I have the files libeay32.dll and lssleay32.dll in the TCMail folder, not in the TC program folder - maybe that's why).
Quote from readme file (GMail HOWTO):
2) You must copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll files to Total Commander main directory.
It is neccessary at this moment.
If I send the mail with TCMail.exe then the fields From, To and Subject are filled out corectly in the mail recieved from gmail, and the message is almost displayed correctly, except for the first line showing the Message-Id: <xxx>
I will check that, thank you.
dzonson

Post by *dzonson »

I did not find files libeay32.dll and lssleay32.dll in my Windows directory,from where I can find it?
D1P

Post by *D1P »

I did not find files libeay32.dll and lssleay32.dll in my Windows directory,from where I can find it?
In plugin archive.
dzonson

Post by *dzonson »

D1P wrote:
In plugin archive.
Thanks D1P,
when we will get Address book?
gbo

Post by *gbo »

dzonson wrote:I did not find files libeay32.dll and lssleay32.dll in my Windows directory,from where I can find it?
You should use Locate :wink:

Thanks to petermad and D1P to explain how to integrate this plugin with G-mail account.
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.