TC7 RC2 Access violation

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

Only with key !

Post by *Clo »

2petermad

:) Hi Peter !

• Ah ! I got it now, but only when using the PgeDown key to scroll down, that I doesn't use normally…

• Using the scroll-bar, I could not get the bug previously (and I tested many times…)

- The error message is THERE, it might be the same address than yours…

{Aside : Sigh… No image within the messages doesn't ease and help such tests… }

:mrgreen: FR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Using the scroll-bar, I could not get the bug previously (and I tested many times…)
Try this - with the same history.txt file.

1. scroll down to 50% - it doesn't matter how.
2. delete the history text file
3. scroll down until the "File not found" pops up in either of these ways:

a. using the scrollbar slider - click OK - click IN the empty Lister window
b. using the scroll wheel - click OK - click on the still visible file text
c. using the scrollbar down arrow - click OK - click on the still (partly) visible file text

The crucial thing is that you click inside the lister window after clicking the OK button.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Seems to be some other error, I will check that.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

petermad,
By the time Lister finds out that the file is not there (after scrolling up) the data most likely isn't in memory anymore, hence it can't be retrieved for viewing - remember we are talking about big files - small files wil stay viewable in lister even if they are deleted (but you can not save a small file if it is deleted!)
I have not yet checked how it works (or not) in RC3 but I do not see your point. IMO Lister should display what's in the buffer, regardless of if the file is deleted or not. If it cannot read the file, present an error message and let me still see what is in the buffer. For example, this may be the only way to copy & paste some file contents that I might have acidentally deleted.

Roman
Last edited by Hacker on 2007-04-21, 01:07 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Hacker
IMO Lister should display what's in the buffer, regardless of if the file is deleted or not. If it cannot read the file, present an error message and let me still see what is in the buffer. For example, this may be the only way to copy& paste some file contents that I might have acidentally deleted.
I totally agree with you - but unfortunately that's not how it is implemented - that's why I wrote here: http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=119807#119807 that you would probably not like the way it was fixed.

In my opinion, when TC recognizes that the file is deleted it should keep the buffered part viewable, after of course notifying the user that the file is missing.

An more important - It should be possible to save what's in the buffer by using the "File" -> "Save as..." option - That is presently not the case.

If you try to "Save as", TC acts as if it does so (if you choose to use the same file name), but no file is written! If you change the file name in the "Save as" dialog, you do get an error message though.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Reva

Post by *Reva »

RC4 - Fixed
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

Confirmed fixed in RC4. :-)
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!