Content plugin question/suggestion

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

alexpro

Content plugin question/suggestion

Post by *alexpro »

Hi, I have a question/suggestion about content plugins, I don't know if it has been discussed before.

Does the content plugin interface allow for a plugin to write specific file information? This could be nice to change mp3 tags, or exif file information.

The way I see it working is through the Multi Rename tool. Suppose I have a bunch of MP3 files and I want to change the Genre from Rock to Pop without touching the file name.
I would use the Multi Rename tool to replace the [anytag.Genre] field. Again, I don't want to change the file name.

So, first of all, if the content plugin does not offer write support to files, then this is a feature requests to add that functionality. Secondly, the "Multi Rename" dialog would have to be changed to support the new "replace".
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

2alexpro Welcome to the forum !
Does the content plugin interface allow for a plugin to write specific file information?
Yes, this function is available with TC 7.
You can use it through the menu item "Files - Change attributes".
Click on "More attributes" button and select the content plugin field for the value to modify.

Note: Due to the fact, that it is newly introduced with TC 7, not every content plugin is able to WRITE the values.
#5767 Personal license
Clo

No petrol…

Post by *Clo »

2sqa_wizard

:) Hello !
Note: Due to the fact that it is newly introduced with TC 7, not every content plugin is able to WRITE the values.
• So, a nice new car but no petrol in the tank… and no ignition key! :lol:

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Well it is like with real cars : It is always up to the creator to build this functions. The customer can request only ...
#5767 Personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC 7 is still a pre-release version, so don't expect too many plugins which support the new interfaces yet!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
alexpro

Post by *alexpro »

Thanks guys, it's exactly what I was looking for...
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

A new version of my content plug-in Summary has been released. It allows to view and edit a few file properties. That also includes audio file information.

http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=12674