[Suggestion] Custom view and quicksearch on directories

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kaffe

[Suggestion] Custom view and quicksearch on directories

Post by *kaffe »

I have a wish that has seemingly been discussed before but I can not find any firm resolutions to the problems...

What I would like to do would be to treat directories as files sometimes. Let me explain: When filtering a ^F12 custom filter I would like to be able to filter on directories just as well as files. As of now I can filter out directories with a backslash but I can not see any way for filtering them as normal files. Another thing that would be nice IMHO would be to be able to omit the wild-cards and have implicit stars (*foo* when only entering foo) in the selection. At least as an option since in my case 95% of my custom filters are of this type.

For the quicksearch part, basically the same wish - To be able to quicksearch for directories would be great. Either as a selectable option or possibly by entering some kind of control char to start the search with (a comma or something like that)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

To be able to quicksearch for directories would be great
It works here already! No special setting.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
kaffe

Post by *kaffe »

petermad wrote:
To be able to quicksearch for directories would be great
It works here already! No special setting.
Sheesh, I feel ashamed :) I had the box "Beginning" checked in the preferences and used mid-name phrases... My bad on the quicksearch. The custom view request still stands though.