User Menus

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

batchman61

Post by *batchman61 »

@Gregory

i started by splitting existing bars into some _local.bars. Havin seen that the bar file isn't updated "realtime" i close and restart TC after each bar change.
In case of trouble it should be possible to copy the needed items from a regular bar file and to change Butoncount and the "button cmd path menu" number by hand.

@Ghisler

is there a better method or placeholder to achieve the functionality?
Maybe TC can use a naming convention for those local bars and possibly an option to display those context specific bars additionally. Another option i can think of is to look upward for those local bars or the other way round an option of the bar to populate to all subfolders. By that one can place a local bar into the folder "music" and has available music specific buttons there and in all subfolders.
Gregory

Post by *Gregory »

2Ghisler

So what's the difference between current directory and directory shown in the active panel?
I always thought that they are the same.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Example: If you press the Tab key, the current dir is NOT changed. But when you start a program in that directory, the current dir is changed to that directory!

For your information, the current dir is that dir where Windows first looks for programs or files when you don't specify a full path. After that, Windows looks in the PATH environment variable.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com