[Option] Asymmetric. Left side for deletion instead of right

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Yuta

[Option] Asymmetric. Left side for deletion instead of right

Post by *Yuta »

My USB port is on the left side of my laptop and when I make Asymmetric directories synchronizing, my destiny files have to be on the right panel.
I'd like the option to have them on the left side.
I'm affraid of getting confused some day and erase the correct files.

Maybe it could be in the configuration options like this:
Invert panels in asymmetric synchronization.

Seems to me logical to have it as a configuration option as normally it has to do more with PC hardware layout than any other thing.
SabreWolfy

Syncing

Post by *SabreWolfy »

Yeah, I know what you mean. However, for my synchronizing, I have to sync to an external drive from directories in both the left and right panels, so I just drag the external drive across as needed and keep my wits about me when running the sync!

The drive/path is displayed at the top of the sync window so it shouldn't be a problem. Why not just swap your panels around or hit Ctrl-U or Ctrl-Shift-U before syncing? :)
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Support! I miss this option too. It's more convenient to me to open the new directory on the right panel, and the old one - on the left (don't ask me why :) ), so for using asymmetric mode I have to make Ctrl+U before syncronizing and then Ctrl+U again after synchronizing. It bores very much... :(
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Yuta

[Shamless bump]

Post by *Yuta »

Just hope for Christian to see it and give it chance to see the light.
This option IS very important for me.
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

Maybe this could be implemented as a swapping function inside Sync Dirs (button for mouse users and Ctrl-U for keyboarders)?

This could be designed the same way as in "Compare by contents" function as suggested in http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=15350
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!
Yuta

Post by *Yuta »

StatusQuo wrote:Maybe this could be implemented as a swapping function inside Sync Dirs (button for mouse users and Ctrl-U for keyboarders)?

This could be designed the same way as in "Compare by contents" function as suggested in http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=15350
Not the best, but activating "swap dirs" inside Sync Dirs will ease my Asymetric comparisons.
That way I won´t have to press Ctrl-U again when I come out of Sync Dirs.