F2=cm_RenameOnly and pressing F2 in dialog starts renaming

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

now

F2=cm_RenameOnly and pressing F2 in dialog starts renaming

Post by *now »

I have F2 bound to cm_RenameOnly. After having pressed F2 with multiple files selected I’m presented with the Rename/Move dialog as expected. If I press F2 in this dialog, instead of selecting the the first star of *.* it instead launches the rename. This also happens when using SHift+F6, so I’m guessing this has something to do with the “Queue” functionality of these operations. However, it doesn’t actually queue up the action, instead showing the usual Rename/Move progress dialog. I can’t say whether the behavior of F2 in this dialog when using Shift+F6 makes sense (I don’t see why it would, though), but it surely is annoying when F2 (or any other key for that matter) is bound to cm_RenameOnly.

I made a video showing the behavior. It’s hard to tell what I’m pressing, I suppose, but I haven’t been able to locate an on-screen keyboard that shows what I’m pressing on the keyboard.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1rAj26shX5Q
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

F2 is special in the copy/move/rename dialog: It's used for the "background" option. For example, F5 - F2 copies in the background. If the background operation isn't supported, F2 will act like ENTER.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

2now
but I haven’t been able to locate an on-screen keyboard that shows what I’m pressing on the keyboard.
After pressing Winkey+U a dialog is popped up here, where the MS internal screen keyboard can be started (Win2k, feature for disabled people).
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!
now

Post by *now »

Yeah, that’s one alternative, but it doesn’t show you what’s being typed on the keyboard. I would like a program that showed the sequence of keys pressed, for example, in the lower-left corner of the screen, slowly fading out or moving off the left edge of the screen.
RID500

Post by *RID500 »

now wrote:... I would like a program
that showed the sequence of keys pressed, ...
You can do this whit www.AutoHotkey.com

Smtg like:

~a:: MsgBox I have pressed the lower a
~B:: MsgBox I have pressed the upper B

Instead of an MsgBox you can show an tray ballon, an yellow tool tip
or an borderless GUI somewhere.

(i think i have done such an script for screen video issue.... or i would have, hmm? don't remember)
Better ask in the AHK forum for this :lol:
/join #TCMD Chat at irc.freenode.net - Today's newbies are tomorrow's experts.