Tab behaviour

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

asaremba

Tab behaviour

Post by *asaremba »

Tabs are extremely useful - I have saved several configurations for my different working contexts, each of which contains around a dozen of the most important directories.

I also like the possibility to lock the base directory and allow directory changes. This makes the base directory a kind of virtual root directory for this tab.

BUT - there is one important difference in behaviour: If I have changed directory in such a locked tab (let's call it A), then switch to tab B and then return to tab A, I find myself in the base directory again. This is not what I want - I want to return to the directory where I was when I left tab A!

If you think that other users do not agree with me (which may or may not be the case), this would be a real candidate for an option; while I agree that too many options make a software complicated and error-prone, I think this would be a point where configurability would really be worth the price of added complexity.
StatusQuo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StatusQuo »

Another discussion on this topic, including the author's statement: [REQ]Locked, directory changes allowed...

Workaround: If you have to leave such a tab and want to keep the directory you are currently in, you could press Ctrl-T to open it in a new tab.
Who the hell is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?
-- TC starter menu: Fast yet descriptive command access!