Vertical scrolling error (Quick View)

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TLis

Vertical scrolling error (Quick View)

Post by *TLis »

Hi,

Recently I have found some strange TC behaviour when scrolling the window vertically using the mouse wheel (touchpad scroll area - laptops).

1. Enter a directory with many files, so that it could be scrolled vertically.
2. Enable Quick View (Ctrl-Q)
3. Position the mouse cursor over the Quick View window (no clicking) and use the wheel to scroll.

Observation: Even though the panel with the folder is current, BOTH panels are scrolled (at their own rate), Of course, if I move the mouse back over the panel with the folder contents, only this panel is scrolled.

NOTE: This does not happen, if both panels show some folder (no Quick View) - then only the active panel is scrolled, no matter, where the mouse cursor is.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

This usually depends on the mouse driver or its settings.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
TLis

Post by *TLis »

Possible. But then the behaviour would be consistent - the Quick View would behave exactly as the standard panel. Since in these two cases the behaviour is different, then TC must handle these two windows differently, so we have a genuine bug here.

Of course, I would like to scroll the window the mouse is over, regardless of which panel is current, but TC behaves differently. This may depend on the mouse driver and its settings, as you say ...
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2TLis
I agree that TC should treat the quickview panel the same as the file panel regarding wheel scrolling.

A workaround - install KatMouse:
http://www.code-scout.net/katmouse/

You will also love its functionality in all other windows programs - once you tried it, you can't live without it.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
TLis

Post by *TLis »

Thanks, petermad, for the tip! This KatMouse works wonderfully here :-)