A bug report in WCX_ISO

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

davidh

A bug report in WCX_ISO

Post by *davidh »

I've found a bug in WCX_ISO. But I could not contact the author.
The Bug is in ISO Wcx Version 1.2rc2. I create an ISO file with 8 folders using command line tools "cdimage". The folder names are {Cash_test, L, Mon_days, Money, N, P, Rush, S}. I have check it with software "daemon" and it is ok. But with iso.wcx, only 7 folder are shown. The folder "S" is lost.

The plugin author is Sergey Oblomov <hoopoepg@mail.ru> but I could not contact him successfully.

You could contact me at david.h@lycos.co.uk to get the ISO file. It is only 60k.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have sent an e-mail to the plugin author on his work address (which he doesn't want to be published for spam and virus reasons). I hope that he will contact you soon. Could you please also e-mail me the sample iso to beta (at) ghisler (dot) com ? Thanks!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
RB

Post by *RB »

Where do I get RC2?

I too have problems with this plugin with DVD Video ISO images. From the readme it sounds like it should work, but extracting some VOB file from the ISO always actually extracts some random part of another, bigger VOB file. The ISO images were created with Nero 5.5.10.50 and burn and play just fine.
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

RC2 of ISO_Reader v1.2 does not exist. You can get v1.2rc1 at MAXWISH, in the Packerplugin-section.

Is anyone using v1.5.2 with success? Downloadable at TOTAL COMMANDER-Homepage, Packerplugins.

I do not get to see any content of a .bin-File with it, v1.2rc1 works fine. (I checked both versions only with .bin-Files)
Interestingly, v1.5.2 filesize is only 7.680 bytes, while v1.2rc1 is 126.976 bytes.

Maybe v1.5.2 was'nt compiled with full source by accident? :?
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I've tried v.1.5.2 with iso and nrg files made by Nero. It seems to work ok.
With img made by CloneCD it doesn't seem to work (previous version worked ok) :-(

In iso_read.txt it's said that
version 1.5
- redesign of code
Maybe it's a reason it's so small, now.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
RB

Post by *RB »

The 1.5.2 version does not work with DVD ISO images at all. Trying to extract a file either generates a "write error" or hangs TC.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Could you create a small sample iso (max 500k) with some sample files and send it to me by email for checking? If yes, please zip it before attaching!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
atomix

Post by *atomix »

It looks like the bug was fixed in the new version. :)

2003.08.19 version 1.5.2 (Oliver von Bueren)
- fixed bug with reading last file or folder in directory (it was nor read
if length of name was 1 symbol)
oblomov

Post by *oblomov »

I just tried downloading version 1.5.2 from the site but I only get a 4K .zip with a 7K .wcx inside ... given that the previous one was 126K, I suspect there might be something wrong ... is the new versin REALLY that small?
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

deus-ex wrote:Is anyone using v1.5.2 with success? Downloadable at TOTAL COMMANDER-Homepage, Packerplugins.

I do not get to see any content of a .bin-File with it, v1.2rc1 works fine. (I checked both versions only with .bin-Files)
Interestingly, v1.5.2 filesize is only 7.680 bytes, while v1.2rc1 is 126.976 bytes.

Maybe v1.5.2 was'nt compiled with full source by accident? :?
2oblomov

Already mentioned, as you can see. We where hoping that you could provide some answers.
Or even better, a working update of the plugin. :) :roll:
oblomov

Post by *oblomov »

deus-ex wrote: 2oblomov

Already mentioned, as you can see. We where hoping that you could provide some answers.
Or even better, a working update of the plugin. :) :roll:
Oops, some confusion here :) I'm not the author of the plugin, despite my nickname :)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2deus-ex
Interestingly, v1.5.2 filesize is only 7.680 bytes
It's even 512 bytes smaller when using MS Compiler 7.1. ;-)