SVNDetails - TortoiseSVN content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

thein

SVNDetails - TortoiseSVN content plugin

Post by *thein »

Plugin description

SVNDetails is a content plugin and displays the following TortoiseSVN fields in Total Commander
  • SVN Author
    SVN Lock owner
    SVN Property Status
    SVN Revision
    SVN Text Status
    SVN Short URL
Prerequisites

This plugin has been successfully tested with Total Commander (x64) 8.52 and TortoiseSVN 1.9.1, Build 26747 on Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise (x64), but it MAY work with other versions, too ;-)

Installation

Just open wdx_SVNDetails.zip in Total Commander, this will install the plugin automatically. A previously installed version will be overwritten and therefore doesn't have to be uninstalled first.

Usage

Configure user defined columns and add the desired TortoiseSVN fields.

Version history

Version 3.10 (20150903)
CHANGE: Supports TortoiseSVN 1.9.x
CHANGE: Update project to Microsoft Visual Studio 2015

Version 3.02 (20130620)
BUGFIX: Crash on Windows 8 if no TortoiseSVN shell icons are being displayed (Thanks to tufftaeh for
reporting this error)

Version 3.01 (20130205)
BUGFIX: Crash on Windows 8

Version 3.00 Beta 1 (20111109)
CHANGE: Supports TortoiseSVN 1.7.x ONLY!
CHANGE: Update project to Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (neccessary for TortoiseSVN 1.7)
REMOVE: SVN URL is no longer available since there's no easy way getting this info
CHANGE: some minor improvements

Version 2.10 (20111024)
ADD: SVN Short URL to display the URL without hostname (Thanks to yymsc for this change)
ADD: x64 support (Thanks to tbeu for this change)
ADD: demo contplug.ini
CHANGE: some minor improvements

Version 2.00 (20090417)
CHANGE: Supports TortoiseSVN 1.6.x ONLY!

Version 1.31 (20090326)
CHANGE: TSVNCache.exe will be automatically started if not running (Thanks to tufftaeh for idea to do so)

Version 1.30 (20090325)
CHANGE: SVN Status text now configurable via contplug.ini (Thanks to Klaus Fülscher for feature request)

Version 1.21 (20090323)
CHANGE: TortoiseSVN (external) updated to 1.5.9

Version 1.20 (20081009)
ADD: SVN Prop Status
CHANGE: SVN Status => SVN Text Status
CHANGE: Improved performance when CONTENT_DELAYIFSLOW is set

Version 1.10 (20080714)
CHANGE: Supports TortoiseSVN 1.5.x ONLY!

Version 1.01 (20080109)
BUGFIX: "When I run a fresh TC installation ... and then installing the plug-in it will show the units of the field "tc.file type" which are "file", "folder" and "reparse point" as units for this plug-in." (Thanks to Lefteous for reporting this issue).

Version 1.00 (20080107)
Initial release

License

Copyright (c) 2008-2015 by Thomas Hein, INFORM GmbH, Germany

This plugin is freeware.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT
LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION
OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR
OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Download

http://sourceforge.net/projects/svndetails/
Last edited by thein on 2015-09-03, 21:04 UTC, edited 9 times in total.
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

Hi!

What are the advantages over ShellDetails plugin?
thein

Post by *thein »

Hi,

I've been using ShellDetails for over a year now and it worked great on my XP workstation! Unfortunately with Vista Microsoft changed the interface for columns in Windows explorer, so neither the Explorer nor the ShellDetails plugin do show any SVN columns :-( That's why I decided to implement my own plugin which directly addresses TSVNCache.exe via the API...
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I tried the RC versions of Windows Vista some time ago and ShellDetails worked just fine. I'm not aware of any interface changes.

Maybe you have faced the same problem as others and tried to use TC with the 64 bit shell extension version of TortoiseSVN which of course cannot work?

Here is a bug report: There is something strange about the units. Here it shows the units of the field "tc.file type" using a fresh installation. You have to set "Units" in ContentGetSupportedField to 0.
thein

Post by *thein »

Hi Lefteous,

indeed I'm running the x64 edition of Vista, but I've installed both x86 and x64 versions of TortoiseSVN. Overlay icons work well in Windows explorer and Total Commander, but neither one displays the special SVN columns :-(

I've found the following statement on tortoisesvn dot net / vistaproblems (sorry, I'm not yet allowed to post a link)
special columns don't show.

The Windows explorer in Vista has changed quite a bit, and one of those changes was to abandon the additional columns but introduce a new "property system". Since the property system is file type based, we can't add a column for Subversion information anymore Sad
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

That's very strange as it really worked fine as I tested it. I can't remember if shell extensions worked though. Unfortunately I cannot test this as I don't have Windows Vista.

Can you confirm my bug report?
thein

Post by *thein »

I'm not touching the units variable at all and it works fine, but I'm only using ft_string and ft_numeric_32 fieldtypes...

Code: Select all

int __stdcall ContentGetSupportedField(int fieldIndex, char* fieldName, char* units, int maxlen)
{
  if ((fieldIndex < 0) || (fieldIndex >= sizeof(fields) / sizeof(fields[0]))) {
    return ft_nomorefields;
  }

strlcpy(fieldName, fields[fieldIndex].name, maxlen-1);

return fields[fieldIndex].type;
}
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Here is an an even more detailed description of the problem. When I run a fresh TC installation like this

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD.EXE /i="%appdata%\tcfresh.ini"
and then installing the plug-in it will show the units of the field "tc.file type" which are "file", "folder" and "reparse point" as units for this plug-in.

Can you or someone else reproduce this?
thein

Post by *thein »

Hi Lefteous,

thanks for reporting this issue which arrises when no other plugin is loaded before SVNDetails or it is the only plugin. Version 1.01 fixes the problem...

Sorry, I've misunderstood your first bug report - I tried to reproduce a potential problem with ShellDetails regarding Vista ;-)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I can confirm that 1.01 solves the problem.
arrises when no other plugin is loaded before SVNDetails or it is the only plugin
I think in general it's only important that the last field of the plug-in before SVNDetails has units to reproduce the problem. By using a fresh installation I wanted to provide an easy way to reproduce the problem.
thein

Post by *thein »

New Version 1.10 with support for TortoiseSVN 1.5.x available - visit http://www.inform-ac.com/download to download...
khorner

This plug-in ROCKS!

Post by *khorner »

I just found out you can add svn columns to windows explorer (i'm using tortoiseSVN client) and was trying to do the same in TC.

I found this post in about 10 minutes after starting on the TC homepage.

This plug-in ROCKS! Exactly what I need, because I wasn't about to switch between Windows explorer and TC!

Thanks!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

khorner,
Welcome to the Forums. ;)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
damat

Post by *damat »

Can't install the plugin:

Error while loading plugin file!
The plugin probably needs some DLLs missing on your
system.

TC 7.04, TortoiseSVN 1.5.3, Build 13783
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Are you using 64-bit Windows? If yes, you need to install 32-bit TortoiseSVN in a different directory than 64-bit TortoiseSVN.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com