Useful 3rd party tools to complement TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

Stitscher wrote:Hi!
Is there a tool like FlashFolder or DM2s (open/save dialog) which works on Win Vista?

Thanks
Try FileBox eXtender. It's freeware. Its 2.00.01 version claims supporting Vista.
I'm still using 1.91.05 version on my win2k system though.
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

2Raymond
Thanks, Raymond!

Works on Vista.

Stitscher
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I have tried FileBox eXtender (under XP). Although it works pretty nicely, it permanently steals focus from TC here, for example after closing DirSync with ESC.

Adding TC to ignore list – do not handle at all – the problem is solved.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

icfu wrote:I have tried FileBox eXtender (under XP). Although it works pretty nicely, it permanently steals focus from TC here, for example after closing DirSync with ESC.

Icfu
I have strange focus problems with ver 2.00.01 too. That's why I'm still using ver 1.91.05, under win2k.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

1.91.05 works flawlessly, indeed. Looks like the changes for Vista have broken the app, at least for other OSes. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

icfu wrote:I have tried FileBox eXtender (under XP). Although it works pretty nicely, it permanently steals focus from TC here, for example after closing DirSync with ESC.

Same here with Vista.
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Re: PlainEdit 1.7.1

Post by *Stitscher »

Clo wrote: • PlainEdit 1.7.1 is available, we updated the French LNG (a bit late…) and will test that new version forging ahead…
The new splash screen is really annoying. :?

Stitscher
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2Stitscher

You can start PlainEdit with the commandline-option /NOSPLASH to enable that annoying splash. Its noted in the helpfile, but I asked the author because I didn't think of a comman-line param for that...
Clo

MORE annoying…

Post by *Clo »

2Stitscher

2StickyNomad

:) Hello German friends !

• Indeed, that screen is boring, but it doesn't stay more than ¾ second here…
BTW : The parameter /NOSPLASH is a cheat, it simply hides the screen, but the display delay is still there…
- For me (and a lot of non-German speaking users) the Help only in German is MUCH more annoying…
- I remade the HTML structure, hoping to get a French translation from my son and others, nope ! Too busy…
- So, HELP ! Whether someone is interested in translating it in English, then I could continue by translating into French…

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

StickyNomad wrote:2Stitscher

You can start PlainEdit with the commandline-option /NOSPLASH to enable that annoying splash. Its noted in the helpfile, but I asked the author because I didn't think of a comman-line param for that...
I know, but that doesn't prevent me from that annoying screen when klicking on a file.

Very sad. So I have to switch back to pspad.....

Stitscher
Clo

Button is nice

Post by *Clo »

2Stitscher

:) Hi again !

• Here, I've set a button with TC-parameters to open the file under the cursor,
hence I don't get the screen when opening (a) file¦s… ;)

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2Clo
Indeed, that screen is boring, but it doesn't stay more than ¾ second here…
The same here, but nevertheless, when working very concentrated, I find this 'flickering'-Splashscreen a bit irritating, especially as I start PlainEdit many times a day and my eyes are a bit distracted everytime by that screen.

In addition you can't read much on that screen, because it is gone so fast. So for me it is far better to disable it.

2Stitscher
I know, but that doesn't prevent me from that annoying screen when klicking on a file.
I just have asked the author if he is willing to include an option in the settings-dialog to generally en-/disable the splash, and named your point as the main reason for that.

Hopefully we get heard...
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Re: MORE annoying…

Post by *Stitscher »

Hi, Clo!
Clo wrote: BTW : The parameter /NOSPLASH is a cheat, it simply hides the screen, but the display delay is still there…
Can't confirm. :lol:
Here on Vista without screen the start is much faster....apart from distraction....

- So, HELP ! Whether someone is interested in translating it in English, then I could continue by translating into French…
Sorry, Clo.
I think my english is not good enough for translating it correctly in English.

Stitscher
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Button is nice

Post by *Stitscher »

Clo wrote: • Here, I've set a button with TC-parameters to open the file under the cursor,
hence I don't get the screen when opening (a) file¦s… ;)
....time is money. ;)
StickyNomad wrote: I just have asked the author if he is willing to include an option in the settings-dialog to generally en-/disable the splash, and named your point as the main reason for that.

Hopefully we get heard...
Thanks!
I will write an email to the author, too.

Stitscher
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2Stitscher

Wow! I just received an answer from the author, that he will address this issue.

This man is fast! But nevertheless, IMO it can't hurt if he gots an additional email of another actual 'victim' if that issue ;-)