Tool “OpenFileTC” : What about ?

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

2Yams
Just trying out your application and I found something strange. Here is what I did:
1. Rename English.lng to Dutch.lng
2. Press F4
3. OpenFileTc comes up and I choose Notepad2.exe (replacement for notepad)
4. Notepad2.exe is opened but there is no file.

I tried to open it directly with notepad2.exe and it works fine. When I try to open it with notepad.exe (Windows file) nothing happens. Not even Notepad opens. No textfile seems to open with Notepad. Some open with Notepad2.

Running TC 7.0.1 on Windows XP.
Registered user #92105
Vansumsen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vansumsen »

:arrow: rolandd

Works fine here with NotePad2 !

:D

Paul
Ouistiti, #11943

L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

rolandd

Post by *rolandd »

2Vansumsen
I forgot to mention I am running 1.8.1.5 Are you too?

I only have this problem with OpenFileTc :-|
Registered user #92105
Yams

Post by *Yams »

Updated to the v1.8.1.7. Download.

List of changes:
  • Add. Now OpenFileTC can edit files from searching result, and also you can edit files in the "Ctrl+B" files display mode
    Fixed. When you change name of editor, its name doesn't changed in the main window
    Fixed. If you have assigned some editor for current extension, and this editor must be opened directly - without OpenFileTC window, and if you have made a force call of OpenFileTC, then this option becomes disabled for this extension
2 rolandd: Try to tune Notepad 2 in the OFTC window: in the "Solving problem" list, select the last option (run Notepad 2 on every file separately, with quotes)
In Pascal we trust
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

2Yams
I somethimes get this dialog:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Open File shell for TC
Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window.
OK   
This happens especially when pressing F4 for the first time on a unknown extension or when selecting multiple files in archives and trying to edit them.

BTW is editing multiple files inside archives supported or not?
TC for Linux please!
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Great. A forum post about OpenFileTC. If only i had seen this before posting to totalcmd.net. Anyway...
roentgen wrote:2Yams
I somethimes get this dialog:

Code: Select all

Open File shell for TC
Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window.
OK   
Confirmed. I have seen this thing too (with v.1.8.1.7). When seeing it, the main window opens but the application icons are either not visible or corrupted. Also, as i posted in totalcmd.net too, i'm facing a problem when using certain applications together with OpenFileTC (specifically Notepad++ and PSP6). I press F4 but the associated application's window does not open. Taking a look at the Task Manager though, i see 3 "Preview" applications running and the actual application (Notepad++ or PSP6) running too under processes but its window is not visible. EditPad Lite works just fine though.

Test environment:
WinXPSP2
TC 7.01
OpenFileTC 1.7c / 1.8.1.7
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Yams

Post by *Yams »

About annoying message - fixed, you can download the correct version from here. I have fixed only this error.
In Pascal we trust
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Yams wrote:About annoying message - fixed, you can download the correct version from here. I have fixed only this error.
Indeed this is fixed. Thanx. The following happens now though:

I have set it to handle .jpg files with F4. The first time OpenFileTC appeared on a .jpg, i checked "always use selected application with this extension" and selected PSP6. The first time i pressed F4, PSP window did not open (as i reported earlier) but it appeared as a task in task manager. The second time, instead of opening PSP6 it opened the text editor. It appears the association was not stored in OpenFileTC.ini and when i pressed F4, OpenFileTC used the first program found in its list.

Edit1: With v1.8.2.11, when i press F4 on every file type, the text editor appears (which is the first program i inserted in OpenFileTC).

Edit2: BTW, a %nil% which exists at the end of every SupportedExts line, is it normal? ;) Probably not. I think this is what's causing all the problems...
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Yams

Post by *Yams »

Very sorry for long silence. Here are the next beta - 1.8.3.14. There is a lot of changes in the internal code. Fixed a lot of small mistakes.

wanderer, you were right about the %nil% extension - this was the wrong work of application. Also, at least fixed all founded problems with "Always use..." check box.
In Pascal we trust
pajo

Post by *pajo »

2 Author

BUG: delete editor from list- doesn't work. After editor was deleted it's again shown when Open file window is open
Yams

Post by *Yams »

OpenFileTC is updated to the final 1.8a version. Download.

There are minor changes since the version 1.8.3.14. But if you don't regret of 500 kbytes, then I recommend to update OpenFileTC to the actual version.
In Pascal we trust
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Yams
Danish translation of OpenFileTC 1.8a can be downloaded at: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/openfiletc18316danish.zip

Here are also some error reports:

Right click in the main window and choose Kind -> Small icons. Now right click again and choose Setup OpenFileTC -> Misc -> Elements: here "List" is selected! Now select Small icons and click OK: List view is used (in stead of Small icons view)!

The next error doesn't happen all the time, but often if I right click the item "Another application..." I get the ususal right click menu (sometimes I only get the reduced right click menu (Kind, Sort by and Setop)). If I get the full right click menu after having clicked "Another application..." and I then click "Setup Another application..." I get:
Access violation at address 00404ED8 in module 'OpenFileTC.exe'. Read of address 00000065.
I get the same error if I press "Hotkey"

Open the properties dialog for any application on the list, and then click on the [...] button next to the "Application's path" field - the title of the opened dialog will be "Open" (in your system language). Thereafter click the icon next to the "Name" field, close the dialog and then again click the [...] button - now the title of the dialog has changed to "Select a file with icons" :!: Now close the properties dialog and right click the same application and choose "Change the path to application". Close the dialog box, open the properties dialog for the application once again and click the [...] button - now the title is "Select application:" :!: Note: all of the above has to be done in one "session".

When "Kind" is set to "Report" and I change the sorting from "Alphabetical" to "By rate" or vice versa, then the change doesn't take effect until I run OpenFileTC the next time.

The word "available" is consistantly mispelled as "avaliable" in English.lng

Shouldn't [ProgramSettingsUnit] line 24 end with "WITHOUT quotes" in stead of "WITHOUT commas" in English.lng :?:

In [MainUnit] line 21 and 23 the word "applied" is mispelled "apllied" in English.lng.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Yams

Post by *Yams »

2 petermad:
Sorry for so long silence. I've added all troubles to the TODO list, and a lot of them are already fixed. Thanks for your attention! What I didn't do yet - trouble with sorting items in Report mode. Somewhy list doesn't wants to be updated - it doesn't makes any reaction to force update command. I'll check this moment again in futire version.

2 All: Open File shell for TC is updated to the stable version 1.8b. The main idea is fixing old troubles.

What's new in this version:
  • Added. New param "/force" was added to OFTC command line - force start OFTC
    Added. A check box "Show tool bar" is added to the OFTC setup window
    Added. A new item in the popup menu - Recognize type as supported / Remove type from supported
    Added. If you add manually "OpenAtOnceForAnyExt=1" parameter to OpenFileTC.ini for some editor, then strings "ext_OpenAtOnce=1" can be erased: in this case, all extensions will be opened directly in this editor
    Fixed. A lot of changes in the procedures of loading editors and saving editors: read-write operations count is now twice less than it was before.
    Fixed. Common command line for all editor's extensions is now works correctly
    Fixed. There was an error while opening files with Unicode symbols in its names (like Japanese or Chinese symbols) - OFTC doesn't opens them, but starts in Setup mode (problem is solved partially - there is all OK for single file)
    Fixed. Trouble with F4 on exe-files: if user press F4 twice on the same EXE, then OFTC always asks to add this EXE to the editors list. Now OFTC don't ask if this editor is already in the list.
    Fixed. Trouble with Edit Extensions window resizing is removed
    Fixed. Trouble with TC Plugin Manager: OpenFileTC doesn't opens wincmd.ini if its path contains blanks (because this file was passed without quotes)
    Fixed. Select language window was changed a little
    Fixed. OFTC works wery bad with its command line - it was impossible to start OFTC on another ini-file. "/I=" parameter doesn't works correctly.
    Fixed. Trouble with FTPDrive application is solved. If user wanted to edit file on the virtual drive of FTPDrive, then file size is shown as zero (becomes zero), and editors couldn't find this file to edit. Notice: file size don't changed physically - it was only shown as this file has only zero bytes.
    Fixed. If OFTC was opened with force call on extension, which this editor must opens immediately, then "Always use..." checkbox becomes switched off
    Fixed. Some other changes in the popup menu
    Fixed. Sometimes, OFTC may raise Runtime error after user selects editor
    Fixed. Small changes and fixed for the OFTC first start (new user)
You can download it directly from here, or you can visit our web-page and try new beta.

P.S. Sorry, I really forget to update here beta versions of OFTC :(
In Pascal we trust
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Yams

If I switch the "Kind" view from "Icons" to any of the 3 other views then the text and the icons are mixed up so that the wrong icons are showed next to one or more of the applications. This only applies if I use the right-click menu to change "Kind" - not if I use the Settings dialog. And it only happens when I switch from "Icons" view to something else.

If I Set "Kind" to anything else than "Icons" then all the icons are lost the next time I use OpenFileTC!

I can't see any difference in icon size between "Icons" and "Small icons" view.

This applies to 1.8b and 1.8c
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Yams

Post by *Yams »

If I Set "Kind" to anything else than "Icons" then all the icons are lost the next time I use OpenFileTC!
This is a bug, right. Thanks. I will fix it.

Added.
Have fixed this bug, new version (1.8.5.29) is avaliable from here. Also, I've update main file of version 1.8b - it will be a silent update.

Thanks for your response again!
In Pascal we trust