Opera_Cache WDX plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Opera_Cache WDX plugin

Post by *Flint »

Meet the new WDX plugin: Opera_Cache!

If you after installing Opera 9.5 cursed its developers with the most sophisticated phrases for removing the cache file extensions, this plugin is for you!
It shows the complete information about each file in the Opera cache: where it was downloaded from, its MIME type, encoding and other data. All this you can use when creating a custom columns set, in tooltips, when searching, etc.

x32+x64 (mirror)
Source (mirror)

Screenshot: http://flint.wincmd.ru/images/operacache.png
Last edited by Flint on 2011-10-01, 12:14 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Very nice one :D Thanks for it!
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

Thanks Flint! It seems to work fine here.

Those complaining are explorer users anyway... they don't count ;)
TC for Linux please!
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

Don't no why, but it doesn't work here. I added new custom colums, but all lines are empty. :(

[CustomFields]
This is an excerpt of the wincmd.ini:
Titles=Grösse..|Audio Files|Opera Cache
Widths3=42,30,38,35,80,80,80
Headers3=URL\nMIME\nCharset\nLoad Date\nÄnderungsdatum
Contents3=[=opera_cache.URL]\n[=opera_cache.MIME]\n[=opera_cache.Charset]\n[=opera_cache.Load Date]\n[=tc.writedate]
Options3=800|1

Any hints? (also in german)

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

If you after installing Opera 9.5 cursed its developers with the most sophisticated phrases for removing the cache file extensions, this plugin is for you!
I would not recommend to curse publicly, otherwise you will probably end like me:
http://my.opera.com/Icfu/info/

;)

Any chance for background operation like DirSizeCalc? A big cache locks TC, for example after TC restart with cache view activated.

Thanks for the plugin!

Related utility is NirSoft's OperaCacheView:
http://nirsoft.net/utils/opera_cache_view.html

Icfu
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Mikefield wrote:Don't no why, but it doesn't work here. I added new custom colums, but all lines are empty.
Look at the ReadMe file, it describes some of the possible problems. The only reason I can see right now is that you don't have dcache4.url in the directory with your cached files, or that dcache4.url contains no information about these particular cache items.
icfu wrote:I would not recommend to curse publicly
I do not do it publicly. :D Besides, I read the explanation of one of the developers about the reasons of such a change, and though I was not completely satisfied, it does look reasonable.
Everyone who wrote:Thanks for the plugin!
You are quite welcome! :)
icfu wrote:Related utility is NirSoft's OperaCacheView:
Yes, I know that there are several such utilities, but we are TCers, aren't we? ;)
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Besides, I read the explanation of one of the developers about the reasons of such a change, and though I was not completely satisfied, it does look reasonable.
To me it was not, because developers have used absurd explanations, at first developer yngve, who has not only mentioned anti-virus scanners as a reason but has also claimed that IE would NOT show extensions in the cache as well. Impressive, and wrong of course, it shows file names and extensions – then by jonnyrein who has mentioned performance enhancements with crash resurrecting based on a cache in GB(!) range. You cannot even set a cache bigger than 400 MB in the options and even if you could, who would do that in 2008, with all these dynamical websites? Opera has dropped a useful feature because of theoretical downsides which have no effect in everyday Opera usage.
Yes, I know that there are several such utilities, but we are TCers, aren't we?
Well, I am not only TCer but also NirSofter, in addition to all the other ers I am. ;)

Icfu
Clo

French section

Post by *Clo »

2Flint

:) Hello K. !

• Just a French section for the LNG :
[fra]
URL=URL
MIME=MIME
Charset=Table de caractères
Size=Taille
Status=État
Load Date=Date de chargement
Last Visit=Dernière visite
Loaded|Aborted|Failed|Unknown=Chargé|Abandon|Échec|Inconnu¦e
:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

Polish translation:
[pol]
URL=URL
MIME=MIME
Charset=Kodowanie
Size=Rozmiar
Status=Status
Load Date=Ostatnio używany
Last Visit=Ostatnio odwiedzony
Loaded|Aborted|Failed|Unknown=Załadowany|Przerwany|Błędny|Nieznany
PS Here: "Last visit" field shows "1980-01-01 00:00" for every file.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

German translation:

Code: Select all

[deu]
URL=Adresse
MIME=MIME-Typ
Charset=Zeichenkodierung
Size=Grösse
Status=Status
Load Date=Erstmals aufgerufen
Last Visit=Zuletzt aufgerufen
Loaded|Aborted|Failed|Unknown=Geladen|Abgebrochen|Fehlgeschlagen|Unbekannt
Proposal:
A new column for the filename, which can easily be stripped from the URL.

Icfu
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

To me it was not, because developers have used absurd explanations
Damn right too. Lame excuses for fixing things that ain't broke and worse, making it almost impossible to revert to the pre-9.5 version without losing existing data if you had upgraded the older version.

I went back almost immediately to 9.27 because 9.5 killed the function that recognised plain-text URLs on a double-click with simultaneous Go-to-url pop-up. It's a deal-breaker as I run into these things all the time. It also screwed up smooth scrolling and buggered up longstanding KB shortcuts amongst other irritants.

Could've done with really useful stuff like WYSIWYG cut 'n paste and something like Firefox's CoolIris add-on and not this rushed meddling that managed to aggravate almost every user.

Saw your ban while browsing their forum for workarounds and thought "Haha, I wonder what he said...!" :D
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Saw your ban while browsing their forum for workarounds and thought "Haha, I wonder what he said...!"
I attacked GoJoeGo, the sockpuppet Opera ASA has hired to drive away Opera critics. Sooner or later all critics who get in direct contact with GoJoeGo either leave the forum voluntarily or are banned. He does a very good job. ;)

Icfu
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

icfu wrote:Any chance for background operation like DirSizeCalc? A big cache locks TC, for example after TC restart with cache view activated.
Sorry, I missed this your question first time. :oops:
Well, I don't see any locking here, except when I sort by a custom column — but in this case TC should wait for obtaining all values anyway, no matter whether they are in background or not.
But I will try to implement background approach and see if this is better or not.
icfu wrote:To me it was not, because developers have used absurd explanations, at first developer yngve, who has not only mentioned anti-virus scanners as a reason but has also claimed that IE would NOT show extensions in the cache as well.
No, no, of course, I wasn't talking about these ridiculous lame excuses. :) I don't remember the name (nick) of the developer, neither do I have a saved link, but he told about improving performance in Opera internal indexing mechanism. By quick searching I found two posts that explain this a little (though not that post I was referring to; I'll try to look for it later, if necessary):
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/findpost.pl?id=2399333
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/findpost.pl?id=2403543
Clo wrote:Just a French section for the LNG :
fenix_productions wrote:Polish translation:
icfu wrote:German translation:
Thanks to all of you, I'll make an updated package soon.
fenix_productions wrote:PS Here: "Last visit" field shows "1980-01-01 00:00" for every file.
Described in the FAQ section of ReadMe.
icfu wrote:Proposal:
A new column for the filename, which can easily be stripped from the URL.
Added into todo-list. Though for many cases it will contain the same PHP script name (like viewtopic.php). Or do you prefer it to have also all GET parameters?

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Sorry, I missed this your question first time.
Well, I don't see any locking here, except when I sort by a custom column
I had removed that part from my posting (Edit: At least I thought so...), because it wasn't your plugin which caused the lock but the TrID plugin which I had activated at the same time in the cache folder. My bad, sorry.
By quick searching I found two posts that explain this a little (though not that post I was referring to; I'll try to look for it later, if necessary):
I have pointed to jonnyrein's statement in my second link... ;)
Though for many cases it will contain the same PHP script name (like viewtopic.php). Or do you prefer it to have also all GET parameters?
Haven't really thought about that, but having additional info to differ identical filenames is for sure welcome. Showing all text after the last slash should do the job sufficiently I guess.

Icfu
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

icfu wrote:because it wasn't your plugin which caused the lock but the TrID plugin which I had activated at the same time in the cache folder.
Well, OK then. :)
icfu wrote:I have pointed to jonnyrein's statement in my second link...
Ah, yes, this is it. I just did not remember that he was talking about GB-sized cache, that's why I thought it was something else. Anyway, I definitely see speed improvements in 9.5, and, though I didn't like removing extensions, I can't but appreciate their work.
Well, with this plugin I almost accepted the situation. Almost. :)
icfu wrote:Haven't really thought about that, but having additional info to differ identical filenames is for sure welcome.
OK. Maybe, I'll add them both (with and without GET parameters).