SVNDetails - TortoiseSVN content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

damat

Post by *damat »

nope, win32
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

damat wrote:Error while loading plugin file!
The plugin probably needs some DLLs missing on your
system.
Maybe Dependency Walker can help to find out what is missing on your system?

HTH
Holger
damat

Post by *damat »

Thanks, here's the result:

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\temp\plug\SVNDETAILS.WDX" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem (14001).
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Mmmh, and what is name of the yellow question mark marked Dlls with comment "Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified"?

Something like MSVCR80.dll, MSVCR90.dll?
It might help to install the corresponding Microsoft Visual C runtime packages:
MSVCR80.dll:Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
MSVCR90.dll:Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Regards
Holger
damat

Post by *damat »

dwmapi.dll
I have downloaded it, now I don't have any yellow question marks.

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Sigh.
DWMapi.dll may not be the reason for your problem.
Downloading dlls and copying them into system32 (or local paths) is most of the time not the correct way to fix dll-hell problems.

Do you see a reference like this:
"c:\windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.3053_x-ww_b80fa8ca\MSVCR80.DLL"

I recommend to install (or repair) the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable package!

Regards
Holger
damat

Post by *damat »

Thanks, man. Will try to do it.
stas_u

Post by *stas_u »

Hey Guys,

Could you help me setup the SVN Details plugin please?
I installed it but it looks like it doesn't fetch any svn related information. all columns are either empty or 0 or NONE.

Any ideas?

TortoiseSVN 1.5.6, TC 7.02a, WinXP SP-2
thein

Post by *thein »

Did you enable the "Show overlay icons" option in Display / Icons"?

If yes, you should see a process named "TSVNCache.exe" in task manager after selecting a SVN working copy folder...
stas_u

Post by *stas_u »

I have enabled Show overlay icons" option in Display / Icons" and now I see the "TSVNCache.exe" process running. I started seeing the icons on SVN folders but the SVN columns are still empty... for example "SVN Status" column shows either NONE (for files) or NORMAL (for folders)
Any ideas?

Thanks

Stas
thein

Post by *thein »

New Version 1.21 with support for SVN Property status and TC plugin option "CONTENT_DELAYIFSLOW" available for testing at http://www.inform-ac.com/download... :D
tufftaeh

Post by *tufftaeh »

stas_u wrote:I have enabled Show overlay icons" option in Display / Icons" and now I see the "TSVNCache.exe" process running. I started seeing the icons on SVN folders but the SVN columns are still empty... for example "SVN Status" column shows either NONE (for files) or NORMAL (for folders)
Any ideas?
This looks like you have selected "SVN Prop Status" instead of "SVN Text Status" as user-defined column value. "SVN Prop Status" displays the SVN Properties value (e.g. needs-lock) while "SVN Text Status" displays the SVN Status value (ignored / modified / normal / unversioned).
tufftaeh

Post by *tufftaeh »

Additional note for Vista users who prefer no icons:
I can't seem to get any value in the "SVN Text Status" column before I switch on Display/Icons and apply this (and actually see icons) and then switch them off again. Unfortunately, this desired state (SVN status visible but no icons) doesn't come back after rebooting (unless I switch the icons on and off again)...

(I've worked already with the original N. Commander decades ago, so I don't want icons. )
thein

Post by *thein »

The missing SVN information when icons (or even overlay icons) are disabled is a known issue. The system automatically starts a process named "TSVNCache.exe" when the first SVN overlay icon is about to be shown.

SVNDetails uses an interface provided by this process, so if you don't want to use icons, you could manually start it or create a link in Autostart...
tufftaeh

Post by *tufftaeh »

I had a TSVNCache.exe running but that was the 64-bit version. After selecting "Only Default Icons" (guessing the English label because I use the German GUI), Apply, and selecting "No Icons" again, I had two TSVNCache.exe processes (different memory size) and I could see the SVNDetails values. Putting the 32-bit TSVNCache.exe into the autostart folder works - many thanks for the plugin and the help!