decThumbsDBViewer

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Is there another plugin for viewing thumbs.db files? I can't get this one to work without the errors and it looks like I am the only one having problems with this.
chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

How do I un-overwrite all my data?

User of Total Commander
#60471 Single user license
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Dec,
Funny thing, the latest version of decThumbsDBViewer crashes when viewing TC's cache file under TC 7.5b4 but works fine under up to 7.5b3.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2Hacker
Thank you. I was beginning to believe that I was the only one having problems with this.

User of Total Commander
Dec

Post by *Dec »

Hacker wrote:Funny thing, the latest version of decThumbsDBViewer crashes when viewing TC's cache file under TC 7.5b4 but works fine under up to 7.5b3.
I will fix bugs only after release of the final version of the Total Commander 7.5.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Dec,
Fair enough.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2Dec
It would at least be nice to have an update of the plugin which doesn't crash: Plugins should be written in a way so they do not simply crash when they get unexpected data. They should do at least some sort of checking of the parameters and data. Otherwise there is always the danger of a security hole...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Dec

Post by *Dec »

ghisler(Author) wrote:It would at least be nice to have an update of the plugin which doesn't crash: Plugins should be written in a way so they do not simply crash when they get unexpected data. They should do at least some sort of checking of the parameters and data. Otherwise there is always the danger of a security hole...
1) All part of my code has try...except...end. And so I don`t know the reason of crashes.

2) Boofo has send to me a file thumbs.db at which view a the beta version the Total Commander 7.5 falls. In my computer with Total Commander 7.0 the given file is viewed normally. Therefore, a problem not in a plugin. A problem that order of calls of functions from plugins or/and parametres of functions in beta version the Total Commander 7.5 has changed. In the final version still something can vary. Therefore I will fix bugs only after release of the final version of the Total Commander 7.5.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Dec,
When I sent you that file and you said it viewed normally, I was under the impression that you were testing it with the beta version of TC. It would have been nice to know that you didn't test it with the beta as I was tearing my system apart looking for an answer.

User of Total Commander
schwarol

Post by *schwarol »

crashes in TC rc beta6 too (vista). shut down TC with process-manager needed.

with old TC 7.04 all is working fine.
kotlomoy

Post by *kotlomoy »

schwarol wrote:crashes in TC rc beta6 too (vista). shut down TC with process-manager needed.

with old TC 7.04 all is working fine.
same here
#213083 Single user license
BranchViewExtended
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2Dec
Now that we're in the RCs, can we get an update?

User of Total Commander
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

2Dec,

Now that the final has been released, will you be updating this plugin, sir?

User of Total Commander
peterbbrown

Post by *peterbbrown »

I have a new problem with this plugin. Something changed one of my system settings and now when I use F3 in TC to view the thumbs.db file for a folder that I hadn't opened before (with a pre-existing thumbs.db file), Windows XP Pro won't let me view the file. I've tried resetting the File Types dialog in XP, but unless I've opened the folder in Windows Explorer and set the view setting for Thumbnails, I can't use the TC plugin to view the file. I reset the Folder Options in XP to use the thumbnails view for all folders, but unless I have opened that exact folder in Windows Explorer, I can't use the TC plugin.
Is there a setting in XP that controls this? For all my personally generated thumbs, the plugin works fine, just not for new folders where I have downloaded sets with thumbs.db files already there. Thanks in advance for any help!
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Does the filedate or size of the thumbs.db file change after you open it with explorer? Which would mean its writing a new one.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

This plugin does not work properly with TC 7.5. It looks like it has been abandoned.

User of Total Commander