QuickSearch eXtended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

j

Post by *j »

Maybe [face=courier]MatchFileW[/face] could be called again when the plug-in data for the column becomes available.
It might be a little bit distracting to see additional results in the quick search pop up with a delay but on the other hand it would allow asynchronous usage and thus maintain the current perceived performance with the possibility to search custom fields.
Given that many search tools show the results delayed it's actually not that uncommon anyway.
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

Hello Samuel!
Thanks for adding the new feature, your AddOn (dll, util, plugin or what ever :) )will be better and better!

Code: Select all

- Added: ini option "filter_files_and_folders" to only filter files or only filter folders (doesn’t work in zip files)

I've checked "filter_files_and_folders=1" but this disables the QuickSearch functionality for the disabled folders?
It just works only with the 1st folder. Is it possible to bring it back again for all folders?
It would be fine, to have Quick Search for folders and Quick Filter for files?

mf

PS: Don't be worry about wlx or not wlx! It works, and this is the main thing!
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Nothing I could do with the plugin.
Sounds like a strange request to me. - unconsistent

PS: Its wdx :-)
Mikefield
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Mikefield »

Hello Samuel!
Samuel wrote:Sounds like a strange request to me. - unconsistent

Yes I could be that it is an unconsistent request. It's not so easy to request not in mother language.

mf
Bankster - Word of the Year 2009
Postkutscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Postkutscher »

2Samuel
2Mikefield
Both of you are german. Maybe you just made a thread at a german forum? :) Could be more clear also for me ;)
vic2009

Post by *vic2009 »

Hello Samuel

When I input, for example, "one" and Quickfilter is on, only files containing "one" are displayed. Then I go on typing "|two" so the search string becomes "one|two", still only files containing "one" are displayed. I have to press CTRL+S twice to make files containing "two" appear along with files containing "one".
I can understand why it behaves like this. But can you do something to make it automatically change according to what I was inputing?
pcitrus

Post by *pcitrus »

Samuel, here's my input.

Two reasons why I still use Shanny's PinYin QuickSearch Pro (May 30, 2009 version):

1) Is it possible to match the beginning with Google like Quicksearch? (Not matching either beginning or end has been counter-productive for me.)

2) After entering one letter, Shanny's Pinyin Quick search Pro immediately filters out results on the screen (so you don't see the rest which are distracting); while with Google like Quicksearch the cursor merely jumps to the 1st candidate in a long list of files.

Thanks for the hard work and we look forward to more improvements!
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

2vic2009
Just use "allow_empty_result=1" in ini. Its a feature of TC. TC assumes with more text no more files could be found. So for performance reasons it only checks the already filtered files again. But Christian kindly added this ini switch for the reason.

The reason why I didnt use it by default is that its a good feature. Because it stops your input if no more files are in list.

<Edit>: 2Christian: Perhaps there could be three states for "allow empty result":
0 - longer search strings can't return more results
8 - longer search strings can return more results (also allow empty result) -> for RegEx
16 - longer search strings can return more results (but disallow empty result) -> for Or

</Edit>

As a workaround you can just write "one|two" and remove the last char and add it again.

2pcitrus
1) Do you mean the beginning of the individual words (a) or the beginning of the filename (b)?

a) search for: "cat dog"
find: "bla bla dogbla catbla"
find not: "bla bla bladogbla blacat"

b) search for: "cat dog"
find: "catbla dogbla"
find not: "catbla bla dogbla"
Please: Write exactly what filenames you want to find. Tell me how the search should work.

<Edit> I cannot use the original TC behavior, because then there would be no Google like filtering.

2) You have to press Ctrl + s to switch between filter and search mode</Edit>
pcitrus

Post by *pcitrus »

Thank you Samuel for the reply.
So you will also support the option of traditional "match the beginning", in addition to Google-like, right?

e.g. file names in a directory:
alexis
ben
cindy
dave
zeon

when I press d, I want "dave", but not "cindy", to pop up.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Yes I already implemented it. Release will be the evening or tomorrow. I implemented (a).
ped

Post by *ped »

Hi,

Brilliant plugin - thanks! However, it has a "feature" that I find annoying:

1. type something in the search dialog
2. use up and down keys to put the cursor on the exact file you are searching for
3. press ctrl+c to copy the file to the clipboard
4. navigate to another directory and press ctrl+v

...nothing happens. In step 3 you have to press escape before you can use ctrl+c (or ctrl+x) which is really annoying. Can this be fixed or is it by design?

/ Regards, Poul
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

The plugin only can decide which files are in the list for a specific filter. Your problem is up to TC Development itself.

The problem is: Ctrl+c could also be meant as: copy selected text. Hacker proposed something like Win+c to work on filelist instead. Currently you must press ESC.

I hope it will get customizable:
a) decide wheather ctrl+c (left & right arrow, ctrl+v, etc) should be used on filelist or Quickfilter window.
b) making it possible to create an additional shortcut to the other thing
ped

Post by *ped »

Ah, I see - thanks for explaining.

I hope suggestion 'a' will be possible sometime in the future :-)
vic2009

Post by *vic2009 »

Thank you, Samuel. Problem solved.

PS: ped, you might want to support my suggestion here. :)
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2Samuel
16.06.09 Added: Set location and name of tcmatch.dll via wincmd.ini [Configuration] tcmatch= (must contain full path+file name, supports env. vars)
Please add support for that in your tcmatch.dll (INI in dll directory).

Something what might help:

HMODULE GetCurrentModule()
{
    MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION mbi;
    VirtualQuery( GetCurrentModule, &mbi, sizeof(mbi) );

return (HINSTANCE)mbi.AllocationBase;
}

void GetIniName(){
    TCHAR szAppPath[MAX_PATH];
    DWORD nr = GetModuleFileName(GetCurrentModule(), szAppPath, sizeof(szAppPath));    
    ininame.assign(&szAppPath[0], &szAppPath[nr]);
    ininame.erase(ininame.end() - 3, ininame.end());
    ininame.append(L"ini");	
}
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...