Some feature requests

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

WatchUer

Post by *WatchUer »

interDist wrote:
Hacker wrote:
djk wrote:I've hoped I would be able to quickly switch between "normal" and "natural" sorting
Me too. :(
I second such option!
Me2!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Ty hele, hackere, a co ten seznam FTP treba podle skupin, ten by do wishlistu protlacit nesel?
Snad tam je, ale asi nema moc vysoku prioritu. Prinajhorsom si to mozes vsetko natukat do Start menu s pomocou FTPOPEN - potom to mas strukturovane. Na druhej strane ti to ale bude zaberat miesto v Start menu, takze kompromis.

HTH
Roman
j.x

Post by *j.x »

Hacker wrote:
Ty hele, hackere, a co ten seznam FTP treba podle skupin, ten by do wishlistu protlacit nesel?
Snad tam je, ale asi nema moc vysoku prioritu. Prinajhorsom si to mozes vsetko natukat do Start menu s pomocou FTPOPEN - potom to mas strukturovane. Na druhej strane ti to ale bude zaberat miesto v Start menu, takze kompromis.

HTH
Roman
Om jag uppfattat det rätt, då är detta ett engelskt forum. Jag tycker inte att det är så trevligt att skriva på något annat språk då! Jag antar att detta inlägg inte gör så stor nytta utan följande översättning:
If I understood it right, this is an English forum. I don't think it's very nice to write in another language then! I guess this post doesn't do much good without this translation. :(

So - Please write in English! Thanks :)
Using Windows without Total Commander is like driving a car without a steering wheel!
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

djk wrote:I've hoped I would be able to quickly switch between "normal" and "natural" sorting...
I did my best to persuade Christian during the beta testing process without any luck. It is his opinion that the feature is too minor and that not many users will use it (at least the fast switching part I presume), so he is not planning to go down that road. He even missed it (despite my notification) to include it in the new features of v6.0 in the "What's new" section of the help file. Oh, well...
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Well, "natural sorting" was one of the best "news" in TC6 for many of my friends. But they were also sad it's impossible to easily change it.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ddofborg

Post by *ddofborg »

djk wrote:Well, "natural sorting" was one of the best "news" in TC6 for many of my friends. But they were also sad it's impossible to easily change it.
My question is, why change it? I want to use is in any case. Why would you like to sort number is ASCII way? Well, I can think of some things, but I wouldn't use them that often anyway.

But I agree a small feature (like reverse sorting) would be great. And it's VERY EASY to implement.
Free fast image hosting: http://picserver.org/
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

To be honest - I'm not really sure if I really need it. But it was the first think about which my friends and me thought (probably because we directly work a lot with different files every day).
Now, I've set it to 'natural' and... wait to check if I really find any situation which will be 'bad' for me to have 'natural' sorting. ;-)
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

j.x,
If I understood it right, this is an English forum. I don't think it's very nice to write in another language then! I guess this post doesn't do much good without this translation
The post wasn't that important. I suggested to S747N to use the Start menu instead of the FTP list if he wants to have a tree structure.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
interDist

Post by *interDist »

djk wrote:Now, I've set it to 'natural' and... wait to check if I really find any situation which will be 'bad' for me to have 'natural' sorting. ;-)
Until you are really used to and accustomed to the natural sorting, it's quite hard to find the right files because you have known for years that file30.dat comes just after file3.dat ...
(another problem is whether file-3.dat should come before file3.dat, before file#.dat (# stands for number) or at the very end of the list, after all numbers and letters? With natural sorting it's unclear, whereas with the regular sorting there is a definite location)
petergus

Post by *petergus »

j.x wrote:Om jag uppfattat det rätt, då är detta ett engelskt forum. Jag tycker inte att det är så trevligt att skriva på något annat språk då! Jag antar att detta inlägg inte gör så stor nytta utan följande översättning:
It works for me ...

// Peter
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

interDist wrote:because you have known for years that file30.dat comes just after file3.dat ...
I really know it for many years (and get used to it) :-) but... I was really suprised how easy and nice was to see file30.dat not after file3.dat but after file29.dat :-)
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Well, the problems start if you want to have NatSort but keep the order of

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.