QuickSearch eXtended

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

ZoSTeR wrote:I just noticed something strange:

With every successive [AltGr] + [<] two characters appear "<|"

Edit: I just noticed that this is probably is related to this problem.
Can't confirm.
1. Do you have TC 7.5 PB6?
2. Does it also occour without Google like Quicksearch? Just delete tcmatch.dll.
3. Please post it there, seems to be related to it.
m^2 wrote:Myself I will be using plugins\others\tcmatch, in case that there are more such one-off plugins and this is my suggestion for the default.
Installing to other folders is not possible with pluginst.inf. Ini entry is not set. But I will support for use of ini file in current folder over ini file in wincmd.ini folder.

Dont want to use an external installer for it. Transparency would be lost.
ZoSTeR
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ZoSTeR »

I tried this with PB5 + GS 1.3 and PB6 + 1.4 (the latter even in a clean VMWare installation).
Testing it without tcmatch is quite difficult because pipe | is not allowed in file names so the standard quick-search doesn't even react.
I will try this at another PC to confirm.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Can confirm now.
The Quicksearch settings in TC were the difference.
The activation with "Ctrl+Alt" has to be used. You probably should also post it in the other thread. (with a link)
cheming

Post by *cheming »

Samuel wrote:No. actually it also works in Version 1.3 exactly like this and is no bug.
Use "allow_empty_result=1" in ini as described here.
I also updated the ini to make it clearer.
thanks. solved. But I wondered yet why when delete the last char of "dll|exe" would make it display all the dll and exe files?
Last edited by cheming on 2009-06-26, 14:26 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

I know the problem. I do not consider it as bug because you just can use "allow_empty_result=1" in "tcmatch.ini" to avoid it.

I just wanted to point out that the problem already existed and a solution is there (also in the readme).
cheming

Post by *cheming »

Samuel wrote:I know the problem. I do not consider it as bug because you just can use "allow_empty_result=1" in "tcmatch.ini" to avoid it.

I just wanted to point out that the problem already existed and a solution is there (also in the readme).
But I wondered yet why when delete the last char of "dll|exe" would make it display all the dll and exe files?

demo.zip (285 KB)
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Christian made one assumtion:

Code: Select all

More text will always produce the same or even fewer files.
This results in:
1. For an appended character only the currently filtered files have to be checked.
2. If an char is removed only the currently not filtered files have to be checked.
3. If no file matches the search, it would make no sense to allow further input.

So its not the same if you press "a|b" or "a|bc[backspace]". Because with "[backspace]" TC knows the result could get bigger and checks every file.

To allow conditional searches with "AND" and "OR" and RegEx searches he provided an option the "tcmatch.dll" can set: "allow_empty_result"
This option brings silently the check of every file. (1 and 2)

Clear now?

As told first just use "allow_empty_result=1".

[EDIT]Perhaps I should activate the option by default. What do you think.[/EDIT]
cheming

Post by *cheming »

Thanks, it's very clear!

BTW: Making that option be default is a good idea.
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Updated first post: Version 1.41 is available.

Version 1.41
 - Added: New ini parameter "negate_char=!" to invert the search. The char must be written in front of the whole search string to invert the search.
 - Changed: The ini is now searched at path of "tcmatch.dll" first. If not found it is searched in path of "wincmd.ini". If both no ini does exist at all it is tried to create the ini in the same order.
 - Changed: The default value of "allow_empty_result" is now 1. (Not changed for existing inis)
 - Change for ini option "match beginning": Just the first written substring must match the beginning of the filename.
 - Improved readme file
BTW: Does someone use the wdx support?
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

Samuel wrote:BTW: Does someone use the wdx support?
I did not have a time to play with it longer yet (I planned it for tomorrow).

Though I have a question: does it work right away or is activated with additional char (preferable)?
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

vic2009

Post by *vic2009 »

With "match_beginning=1" setting, I can't find file "my cats" by typing "cat". According to changelog, this seems not meant to be?
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

fenix_productions
Currently the wdx fields are additional "filename values". So if you search for something it is first searched in the filename and afterwards in the wdx fields.2

Its easier to use this way. You dont have to also press a key to get the

2vic2009
This is exactly as I meant it. "match_beginning=1" now works like:

Search for: "cat bla"
Find:
 cat and dog bla.jpg
 catalysis.bla

Do not find:
 bla cat virus.exe
So its all about the beginning of the filename and the filter. In my opinion its how I wrote it in changelog.
Sombra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sombra »

Version 1.41
- Added: New ini parameter "negate_char=!" to invert the search. The char must be written in front of the whole search string to invert the search.
GREAT!

Hello Samuel!
Thanks so much for the implementation of this suggested feature. :D
I can read English, but... I write like Tarzan. (sorry)
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Samuel »

Thanks for the good idea.
pcitrus

Post by *pcitrus »

thank you so much. I've switched from Shanny's Pinyin quicksearchpro to your google like and I've set match_beginning=1.

Is it true that wild cards like * do not work any more? (since I have set match_beginning=1, for the rare files that do start with common letters, I would have to change match_beginning back to 0 in order to locate them?)