Where are the settings stored?

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Black Antitoon

Where are the settings stored?

Post by *Black Antitoon »

Hello, this is my first post here. Congratulations for Total Commander, I love it. And that's why I am asking you where are the settings stored. I read somewhere here that they are stored in the registry, but I can't find the key. I need this because Total Commander is one of the first app I always install, and I now would like to restore my favourite settings automatically when I reflash the ROM with a .reg file.

Thank you.

By the way, the spam trap is great! :lol:

EDIT: What about upgrading to phpBB 3? Yours doesn't seem a so-heavily-modded board. :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, they are stored in the registry. If you use our registry plugin, you can find them in
HKCU\Software\Ghisler
EDIT: What about upgrading to phpBB 3? Yours doesn't seem a so-heavily-modded board.
I prefer to stay with V2 for a while, because I don't need to patch it all the time. Also I do have a lot of mods installed, like quick reply, RSS, and many small improvements which make it easier to use...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Black Antitoon

Lol! I had checked for "Total Commander" in HKLM and HKCU, and for "Ghisler" only in HKLM! :lol: Many thanks!
I prefer to stay with V2 for a while, because I don't need to patch it all the time. Also I do have a lot of mods installed, like quick reply, RSS, and many small improvements which make it easier to use...
Just remember that phpBB 3 now has an automatic updater, and that 3.0.6 shouldn't be too close right now. ;)
gbusch

Post by *gbusch »

I've been on other forums where the newer board versions were in use, and found them much more awkward to use in a mobile browser -- sometimes impossible.

This board is fine. PIE brings it up in mobile format. The Iris Browser brings it up in desktop format, but it's still usable that way on my PDA, unlike the newer board versions.
Black Antitoon

Well, that's much a better reason. Actually it's a pity that p3 doesn't offer a mobile version as vBulletin does...

Anyway I'm taking you off topic. Thanks for the quick info. :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Actually I have installed a mod too for the mobile version! What's the browser string for Iris? The "subSilver mobile" mod uses the following regular expression to detect the mobile browsers:
$is_mobile = preg_match('/(up-browser)|(blackberry)|(windows ce)|symbian|palm|nokia/i', $user_agent);
gbusch

Mobile mode

Post by *gbusch »

The Iris developers have been keeping their user agent settings a deep, dark secret. I do know that the browser uses Apple's WebKit rendering engine, even in WM5, and that Google gives me versions of Gmail and Translate designed for the iPhone.
Black Antitoon

What's iris? :?:
gbusch

Post by *gbusch »

Black Antitoon wrote:What's iris? :?:
It's a freeware mobile web browser, and still in the early stages of development. I'm currently using version 1.1.7 instead of the latest release, because the newer versions seem to have introduced some bugs.

If you want to try it, just Google "Iris Browser", or the company's name, "Torch Mobile".

Sorry about going off topic here!

Gerry
Black Antitoon

Installing it right now. :lol:
gbusch

Post by *gbusch »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Actually I have installed a mod too for the mobile version! What's the browser string for Iris? The "subSilver mobile" mod uses the following regular expression to detect the mobile browsers:
$is_mobile = preg_match('/(up-browser)|(blackberry)|(windows ce)|symbian|palm|nokia/i', $user_agent);
I just discovered the following string at the bottom of a web page. Apparently the site is detecting Iris Browser's user agent string:

Mozilla/5.0 (U; Mobile; iPhone; PPC; en; 480x640) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) WM5 Iris/1.1.7 Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20

Gerry
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, I have added iPhone to the search string, since others like KHTML or WebKit are also used by Web browsers like the Google browser.
gbusch

Re: Mobile format

Post by *gbusch »

OK, I have added iPhone to the search string, since others like KHTML or WebKit are also used by Web browsers like the Google browser.
Thanks; it's working just fine!

Gerry