Inability to generate LAN server icon

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ianl8888

Post by *ianl8888 »

Some time ago (perhaps 3 months) I posted on the inability to generate a LAN server icon in the bottom tray of Pocket TC.

By this I meant the "drag and drop" of the invisible "shadow" to the bottom tray so that you can iconise it and use it as a shortcut to logging on to the
LAN

The LAN in \\Plugins works OK to generate an entry for connecting but you cannot drag the shadow to the bottom tray. The device is an Acer DX900 running WM6.1. This issue still exists

Since then, I've tested two (2) separate devices - one an Acer, the other an X1 (Sony Ericsson) - with WM6.5. The same issue occurs with both these devices, so I suspect that this capability is not compatible with WM6.5

This tentative diagnosis is supported by the fact that when the X1 device was previously running WM6.1, drag& drop to iconise the "shadow" worked just fine

I wonder if there are any comments here, please ?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

To my knowledge WM 6.5 does not support drag&drop at all - the gesture is now used for scrolling. I'm currently working on a new method to add buttons (via a button) and selection. Please contact me by e-mail to beta at ghisler dot com if you want to test that new version (this offer is also valid for other people with WM 6.5). Please write what device you are using when contacting me by e-mail.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ianl8888

Post by *ianl8888 »

Thank you for your reply.

I've sent an email for testing to betaATghislerDOTcom. I hope this is the correct address

The Acer DX900 running on WM6.1 also has this issue, as I've previously posted. No drag&drop, only scrolling
Clo

Make-up plz

Post by *Clo »

[mod]2ianl8888
• Please, don't write e-mail addresses without any make-up in order to prevent spam.
Clo, moderator
[/mod]
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
siealex

Post by *siealex »

6.1 build 20700 and later also do not have D&D.
We are not so S.M.A.R.T. as we imagine...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the info - do these builds also have the large menu items, so there are scollbars in TC's File and Show menus?
ianl8888

Post by *ianl8888 »

WM6.1 build 20772 is present on both my Acer DX900 and X960

The DX900 would not D&D with TC 2.52 beta1 although the X960 did D&D. Neither has the double-spaced File or Show menu issue

I have an X1 on WM6.5 build 21815 - no D&D. Also another beta device on WM6.5 build 21734 - no D&D. No scroll bars with TC 2.52 beta1 menus.

Author Ghisler's kind offer of a TC beta test CAB for WM6.5 in his August 6th post resulted in a genuine solution for creating lower tray buttons without the need for D&D - the TC beta works perfectly. Obviously, I also tested it on both the DX900 and X960 with WM6.1 and again it works perfectly.

I found no issue with double-spaced menus but I always remove any Shells in any case, which seems to remove the double-spacing
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the additional info!
I found no issue with double-spaced menus but I always remove any Shells in any case, which seems to remove the double-spacing
Can you explain how this is done on WM 6.5, please?
ianl8888

Post by *ianl8888 »

Basically, by "Shells" I mean those 3rd party shells that are emplaced in the ROM by the developers (eg. Acer, Spb, HTC etc). These thingies are put there to simulate I-phoney stuff for mass marketing. I dislike them because I don't use my device that way (it is 1st a computer, 2nd a phone !!), the extra RAM/Storage consumed is irritating and I really prefer not to "eat with my fingers". Besides, running spreadsheets/CAD/3D models/GPS mapping programs cannot be done with a blunt finger

So I simply re-cook the ROM to remove these things. Another simple & direct method is to delete them once the device is booted, although this still leaves them compressed in the ROM but they are then not active and are out-of-the-way

I've seen that doing this removes the double spacing in all menus - this double-spacing is meant to be "finger friendly"

Once this is done, your TC beta that I have tested has only one (1) Show screen and two (2) File screens - the second File screen here is accessed by clicking >>>>> [All three screens are in single spacing]. This suits me very fine indeed :)