tabs from commandline

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TucknDar

tabs from commandline

Post by *TucknDar »

Is it possible to have TC open the *.tab files through dbl-clicking them or as parameters on the commandline? I think this would be very helpful, so I could just have a start-menu with a list of my most used combinations and TC would switch to these...

I haven't been able to find out if this is already implemented or if there's some sort of easy work-around.

Also: I would like to be able to open *.tab's in the Ctrl+D favourites menu. I don't use the button-bar, so the Ctrl+D menu is something like my most used feature in TC (and thus in computer work overall ;) )
license #76904
Coco

Post by *Coco »

Unfortuntly from the command line it's not possible but from the CTRL+D menu it is.

Just create a new entry and in the command enter
opentabs c:\program files\totcmd\mytab.tab
Alain
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

TucknDar,
so I could just have a start-menu with a list of my most used combinations and TC would switch to these...
You can use the opentabs and appendtabs commands mentioned by Coco in the Start menu, too.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
TucknDar

Post by *TucknDar »

thanks for the replies! I will start using the Ctrl+D thing now :) As for the start menu, I was thinking of the windows-start menu, not the TC one. I talked of the start menu just as an example of where I'd find it useful to have the tabs opened from commandline parameters. (I don't actually have a "start-menu", just a popup-menu, since I don't use the explorer-shell, I'm a LiteStepper ;) )

thanks again, though!
license #76904