TWinKey

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

robinsiebler

TWinKey

Post by *robinsiebler »

I stumbled across this plugin on http://totalcmd.pl. It seems there are lots of cool plugins that never make it to English! :cry:

TWinKey is a powerful TC extender designed to improve and simplify most common navigation tasks and enhance TC "look&feel" experience by adding a variety of custom coloring capabilities. It comes with a great configuration utility (TwinKey Utilisator) that allows fast and easy modification of all Twinkey parameters.
TWinKey version 2.x requires TC 7.5.

http://en.totalcmd.pl/download/wdx/Oth/TwinKey
Robin L. Siebler
Personal License #13949
------------------------------
"Bother", said Pooh, as he deleted Windows
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2robinsiebler
I agree that it has few nice things but it slows TC down a lot if you're using your own files colouring, unfortunately.

It would be great to see similar functionality in TC though.
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

Stance
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stance »

Balderstrom wrote:http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=187441#187441

I couldn't get twinkey to work, in respect to coloring the TAB at least. And the only support for it is on the totalcmd.ru (in russian).
Twinkey-Installation...
In the Find files Dialog one must create a query:
Plugin: twinkey
Property: Order
OP: >
Value: 10000

...and save this new template with any name (For Example: Twinkey)

Next step is to activate the Option/color/
[x] Define colors by file type
...Add/Specify by file type/...select the "Twinkey"-template and assign a color (black?)

CTRL-Rightclick on a Tab opens a Color-Picker-Palette ?
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Very cool.

I thought I had done that before, but I must of munged one of the steps.

Don't notice any slowdown, maybe I'm not using enough filetype colors to notice...

Icons on Tabs and Tab Coloring is great.
Image panel background skins are interesting/fun, though makes my yellow text a little hard to read in places.
Stance
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stance »

How to change the color and style of the cursor in the inactive(!) file list with TWinKey:
(My poor translation from van Dusen in the german forum)

Have you ever tried TwinKey 2.0.0.19? Although it is implemented as a content plugin (TWinKey.wdx) and will be installed as well, it is in reality a Tweak Utility for the TC. It requires TC version 7.5 (with the public beta versions of the TC's going well).

In the column Miscellaneous of the Twin Key Utilisators (TwinkUtil.exe) in the group of options Highlight File in Target Panel you can specify color and style (Alpha-Grad|Frame|Solid|Underline) of the cursor in the inactive (!) File panel.

If the TC loses the focus to an TC-own window (e.g. internal Lister), then the cursor in both file panels is displayed in this style.

In the case of a (manual) change to to another folder tab in the inactive window, not the entry on which the cursor stands is marked, but the top entry of the file list (usually the entry ".."); Unfortunately, one must press therefore 2 ×<Tab> (change to inactive panel and back) to synchronize the mark with the cursor position.

The cursor position in the file panel is not shifted synchronously however to a change of the file (next/previous) in the Lister, since the TC-Mainprogram and the Lister are operating independent.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Not sure what the 2xTab stuff is referring to.

Maybe referring to opening like an Image in Lister with Imagine and if you "browse" in Imagine the selected/hilighted file in TC doesn't change? But whether or not you have TwinKey installed or not that still happens...

I like TwinKey's target highlight, but would be even more useful (to me) if it would work in the source panel. Alpha-Grad looks fantastic :-)

And the image panel skinning is adictive,

I just found out, if you do something like:
[AutoView]
MP3s=?*\MP3s\Artist\*
zzzDefaultzzz=?*
[ViewModes]
MP3s=<None>
zzzDefaultzzz=<None>
[MP3s]
View=Full
Sort=0
BkgColor=
BkgPic=.\folder.jpg
TabIcon=C:\WIN2K\system32\SHELL32.DLL,15
TabColor=#800080
[zzzDefaultzzz]
Sort=0
BkgColor=#002F00
TabColor=
Then say you have a folders like:
M:\MP3s\Artist\Pink\folder.jpg
M:\MP3s\Artist\Warlock\folder.jpg

When you enter the Pink folder, the folder.jpg will display
when you exit back up to Artist the background goes back to green. When you enter Warlock... the folder.jpg (in Warlock) will display...

NOTE
The order listed under [Autoview] in the .ini file is important.
If something with a can contain=?* Appears before another listing, it will negate it. If zzzDefaultzzz was placed before the MP3s line, the MP3s (autoview) rule would stop working.

Thus if something isn't working, that you think should be, check the twinkey.ini and resort the [Autoview] list if necessary (save the .ini). To make changes take effect just launch TwinkUtil.exe and [OK]
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

For anyone who still use old version from totalcmd.pl:
TWinKey 2.0.0.40
It has some additions.
And also fixes some bugs (at least what I noted):
- this crash on Vista.
- slow browsing of virtual folders if "use desktop.ini" was checked (for now desktop.ini just doesn't applies to that folders).
- background picture lost when TC restored from tray.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

The new version is much improved. I don't notice any flicker when changing folders now (it was very noticeable before, but bearable for the TwinKey improvements).
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Update to 2.46:
changelog wrote:- Fixed bug with missing icons in tabs.
- Fixed bug in parsing tc default hotkeys.hky file.
- Added Stick/Unstick command.
- Added startup command sequence.
- Background pictures "tiled" in panels.
- Hide Stopwatch command replaced by Show/Hide command.
- Fixed bug with missing filelist after FTP connection.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Thanks for the update notifications DrShark.

One oddity I've noticed with TwinKey, double click on tabs no longer closes them... requires CTRL+Click now.

The hotkey fix is welcome, I had to edit the hotkey map file in twinkey's directory to get rid of the annoying popups whenever the config was opened.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *DrShark »

Balderstrom wrote:Thanks for the update notifications DrShark.

One oddity I've noticed with TwinKey, double click on tabs no longer closes them... requires CTRL+Click now.

The hotkey fix is welcome, I had to edit the hotkey map file in twinkey's directory to get rid of the annoying popups whenever the config was opened.
If you have checked Misc->Goto Tab Base by DblClick in TwinkUtil.exe, please uncheck it and try to close the tab with dblclick.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Unfortunately, the Hotkey fix isn't a fix.

Upon every start of the TwinKUtil.exe config I get warnings:
Duplicate hotkey for '552' command.
'Ctrl+Shift+F' already assigned to C:\Users\ME\Application Data\TC\PLUGINS\wdx\TwinKey\TCDirMenu.dll,1'
Duplicate hotkey for '2915' command.
'Ctrl+S' already assigned to 'StickIt'.
In the 1st instance, I have reassinged 552 to Alt+Ctrl+Shift+F
In the 2nd instance, I have reassigned 2915 to LCtrl+LAlt+S

TwinKey appears to only be parsing the default file: tc default hotkeys.hky instead of checking if you still use that hotkey (i.e. have reassigned it).

When I check hotkeys within TwinKey itself (after ignoring warnings) it properly shows the correct hotkeys for those commands.
DrShark wrote:If you have checked Misc->Goto Tab Base by DblClick in TwinkUtil.exe, please uncheck it and try to close the tab with dblclick.
Yes It does, Thanks. Too bad you can't leave that checked and have double-click still close unlocked tabs.
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Hello DrShark

I saw that you have already updated to version 2.0.0.74.

What's about the language files? Will there be an English file which can be translated to other languages? Now there is only Russian, and that is a problem for people like me.

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Peter
Sorry, but the language file for TWinKey translation is available by mail only. If you want to translate TWinKey send mail to "support at mgpsoft.com".
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

VadiMGP wrote:...but the language file for TWinKey translation is available by mail only. ...
Interessting. Why?

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64