On merging

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

On merging

Post by *pdavit »

Just a minor wish which should be peaty straightforward to implement in the future. It would be nice if we could have a tick box or something in the dialog box for combining split files that will ready something like: "Delete segmented files after a successful merging".

Now, the problem is that segments might be located on multiple removable media and not for example on a HDD. For those cases the selection must be shadowed I guess!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Clo

Re: On merging

Post by *Clo »

pdavit wrote:Just a minor wish which should be peaty straightforward to implement in the future. It would be nice if we could have a tick box or something in the dialog box for combining split files that will ready something like: "Delete segmented files after a successful merging".

Now, the problem is that segments might be located on multiple removable media and not for example on a HDD. For those cases the selection must be shadowed I guess!
:D Hi!
That should need a function similar to "Move", which'ld move the fractions
from the source-media.
Of course, that could work only with media where writing is possible (no CD!) With RW-CD, that might become very complex...
That could be possible launching a batch file... But you have to refresh that file again at each "Join" operation... :cry:
:?: A standard batch-file, automatically refreshed byTC?
That'ld use the command :
copy /b s-path\fraction.* t-path\original file.xxx
No CRC control in that case...
I'll think to make a test, just "by hand"...
@++
:) friendly,
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials