Search shows -- file not found

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

krushna

Search shows -- file not found

Post by *krushna »

Respected Sir,

Although the files exists on my pc (the search as u type feature) displays --"file not found" message for most of the rar,
jpeg,7zip files and for some exe files too.

Krushna -- krushna
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Check Configuration - Quick Search options. Maybe you're trying to enter middle part of name but you have 'search from beginning' option set.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2krushna
the search as u type feature
Do you mean the Quick search feature or the Auto-complete path (for example in the command line) feature?

I have never seen a "file not found" message using either of those functions - maybe you are referring to something different? Could you please tell us, step by step, what you do to get this "file not found" message?

Dear sir/madam - it would be very convenient to the rest of the forum users if you started to express your questions in proper full sentences. Also try to use the vucabularium that is used in TC when you refer to a function or feature - that is for example to write "Quick search" in stead of "the search as u type feature" - in that way we'll have a mutual reference frame - instead of having to constantly guess what you mean.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
krushna

Post by *krushna »

yes i have tested it 3 times it doesnt works
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Input field below file panels is NOT a quick search field but command line field so you should not type into it filenames you need to find.

Yes, if you like explorer style, you can tweak quick search to accept just letters w/o midifier but this behaviour is not standard for file manager.

Also you may add to buttonbar (or assign to any hotkey) cm_ShowQuickSearch command to show quick search window.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

yes i have tested it 3 times it doesnt works
I have used Quick search more than 10000 times over several years, and I can assure you that it works!

Are you sure you are not trying to use the command line as input for Quick search, as MVV suspects?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar