New SFTP plugin available now

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

KucingLapar

Post by *KucingLapar »

Still no support for moving multiple files with shift+f6
sekular

Post by *sekular »

Great plugin!!

I also like the new ftp gui in the 7.55 beta 2. It would be great if the sftp dialog that comes up when i go new connection was integrated into the ftp dialog box. Thanks for the hard work!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2KucingLapar
Sorry, this cannot be changed in the plugin alone, it doesn't work with Total Commander's plugin interface. Please do what sqa_wizard suggested:
If you want to move multiple files, just open the same server on left and right panel simultaneously.
2sekular
Unfortunately SFTP and FTP are extremely different, so I cannot integrate SFTP into the FTP client.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Solf

Post by *Solf »

First of all -- thanks for adding the support into Total Commander :)

But I also would like to request a feature -- would it be possible to change configuration somehow so that proxy configuration (or at least enable/disable flag) is per-connection (not global as it appears to be now)?

E.g. at work I mustn't use proxy for local servers but must use it if I want to connect to something outside...

Thanks in advance!
commodore

Post by *commodore »

Is it OK that there are two entries named "_F7=new connection.txt" under \\\Secure FTP? One of them has a plain-text-file icon, size 107, the other has a shortcut icon, size 0.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cannot comfirm. I have these two:
"_F7=new connection.txt"
and
"_Quick Connection"

What language version of Windows do you use?
commodore

Post by *commodore »

US English (XP Pro SP3 with all updates).
J.Bl

Post by *J.Bl »

Are now WinSCP and this Plugin compatible in the way, that they set/compare exact the same timestamp for files and folders (localy and on the host)?

I checked this some times ago (1 or 2 years): If I copy files to the host with this Plugin, then WinSCP compares them as different, because of a different timestamp (seconds or milliseconds...). So I decided to do not use this Plugin.

But today, as I checked it again (same host with same Debian), timestamps of WinSCP and this Plugin are equal.

Can someone confirm this result?

J.Bl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

My plugin tries to set the time stamp after uploading with the function libssh2_sftp_setstat. If the function works correctly, the timestamp will be copied with the file.
zim

Using SFTP plugin

Post by *zim »

Hello,
I'm trying Total-Commander, and I find it very usefull.
I don't know much about computrs, and I find it hard to make this connection work. I would appriciate if you could help me.
Untill today I used 'Ssh Secure Shell', and after that - 'Remote Desktop Connection' in Windows. It would be helpfull if I could connect directly from Total-Commander.
The command-line I use for ssh is (I've changed the exact names):

ssh2 username@pine.biu.ac.il -L 3391:staff.acad.biu.ac.il:3389

after that, I run 'Remote Desktop Connection', and enter in the 'computer name':

localhost:3391

This connects me to the remote server - 'staff'.

I've already installed the patch (by the way, I have the files pageant.exe and puttygen.exe, if needed).
After I enter the 'Secure FTP' folder in the 'Network' zone - what EXACTLY should I do to be able to connect through Total-Commander? How exactly to fill the 'Connect to FTP Server' form?

I appriciate the help very much.
Thanks.
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

This SFTP plugin is for accessing the filesystem of remote computer (similar to FTP).

What you were doing before is SSH port forwarding. You connect to remote computer and set up tunneled port between your and remote computer (similar to VPN). That allows you to access otherwise inaccessible servers on remote network.

Both use SSH, but they're different part of SSH. So this plugin can't help you. It'd allow you to browse files on pine.biu.ac.il, but that's not what you want.
zim

regarding connection...

Post by *zim »

If I understood correctly, there is no way I can connect to the 'staff' server using 'Total-Commander' (with this or some other patch)?
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

TC itself can't help you with Remote Desktop connections.

But you can save Remote Desktop Connection settings for 'staff' server to .rdp file and put a link to it to TC's toolbar. And similarly you can create .bat file with ssh2 command line and add it as another toolbar button. Then you'll need just two clicks to connect.
Flachzange

Post by *Flachzange »

Hi, I am using the SFTP plugin for more than one year now and now I finally got some time to ask my question :-)

Why does the file transfer with the SFTP plugins consumes 100% cpu time?

I've this problem from the very beginning and in my case this independent on the used Windows or Total Commander version.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do you use the latest version from www.ghisler.com (plugins section)? It should no longer consume 100% CPU.